Ludwig Transition Kit: Purchased Together??????

abryantp

Reaction score
Absolutely killer set and a great buy - the transition badge era sets are really something else from a build and sound perspective.

Interesting sizes and there is a good chance the floor was original to the set. 20 inch transition badge bass drums are hard to find and if this set was a true downbeat 20-12-14 - that'd really be something else.

CONGRATS!

campbellh

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I didn't think the super sensitive was available in 1960? I thought those came later like 1962-63? I could absolutely see a set come out of the factory this way. it's also certainly possible that the original owner purchased the three piece and added the floor tom a year later. That is pretty common.
The Super-Sensitive was available at that time (transition badge). I also have a transition badge super-sensitive so they are out there. I’ve seen a few...

Spongebob

DFO Master
Reaction score
Is it me or does the badge on the snare drum look too pristine compared to the grommet? Also, didn't those keystone badges have a slight crease from top to bottom to conform to the curvature of the shell radius?

GlassGlitter

Reaction score
Absolutely killer set and a great buy - the transition badge era sets are really something else from a build and sound perspective.

Interesting sizes and there is a good chance the floor was original to the set. 20 inch transition badge bass drums are hard to find and if this set was a true downbeat 20-12-14 - that'd really be something else.

CONGRATS!
Thanks man!!