Ludwig Trap Set?

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ludwig WW 2 vintage drums made with minimal use of metal parts because of the war effort. Cool drums, but not really usable for playing. The tube lug WMP snare is probably older than the other drums and if in good condition a desirable drum.

drumtek

Reaction score
Love those those drums. I would be interested in them if you dont wantvthem for yourself

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Ludwig WW 2 vintage drums made with minimal use of metal parts because of the war effort. Cool drums, but not really usable for playing. The tube lug WMP snare is probably older than the other drums and if in good condition a desirable drum.
Don't tell Jay Bellerose those drums aren't playable...

musicman64

Reaction score
Interesting project. They may be "Strupe" style tension system{ wooden arches inside the shell} Very hard to restore correctly. I had two, and got rid of them after many hours of working with them. They do look very cool when done right.

drumtek

Reaction score
They are definitely the Strup design. I have one complete set and a snare. Very unique and innovative.

Interesting project. They may be "Strupe" style tension system{ wooden arches inside the shell} Very hard to restore correctly. I had two, and got rid of them after many hours of working with them. They do look very cool when done right.
They are definitely

sazemanek1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi group,

I'll make no bones about it. I collect bass drum pedals from the Ludwig line from 1909 through 1969. I'm looking for a 1944 Ludwig & Ludwig Victory bass drum pedal. It COULD be in that trap case. Its not opened and I want to see inside of it. I don't care about the set. How honest is that? Can anyone give me a lead to the auction/seller so I can find out whats in that trap case? Where's the auction? Who do I contact? Can you help me?

Thank you,

SAZ

Attachments

AustinFitz

Reaction score
Hi group,

I'll make no bones about it. I collect bass drum pedals from the Ludwig line from 1909 through 1969. I'm looking for a 1944 Ludwig & Ludwig Victory bass drum pedal. It COULD be in that trap case. Its not opened and I want to see inside of it. I don't care about the set. How honest is that? Can anyone give me a lead to the auction/seller so I can find out whats in that trap case? Where's the auction? Who do I contact? Can you help me?

Thank you,

SAZ
Here is a link to the sale on Facebook Marketplace where you can contact the seller.

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/741981539493387/?search_query=ludwig

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
^That's a WFL Victorious drumset with Cecil Strupe internal tuning system, early 1940s.
I owned a fully restored WFL Victorious snare drum as a historical/curiosity piece.
Never played it.

strupe guts.jpg wfl victoria.jpg wfl catalog page.jpg wfl victoria inside.jpg wfl interior.jpg wfl strainer.jpg wfl catalog page 2.jpg strupe_majic_1_140.jpg wfl catalog page 3.jpg
wfl victoria inside.jpg

wfl victoria.jpg

WFL Sold.jpg

Last edited:

sazemanek1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
THANK YOU to those of you that replied to me. I tried getting in touch with the gent but to no avail. Hopefully someone here gets the set an lets me know if the pedal was in the trap case. I see he has images on Facebook of the set put together. So maybe the cymbal holders and items like that are what was in there. By the way, there's been some great information about these WWII sets posted here.

SAZ

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
I don't know but I have an old beater that looks similar to that fluffy one in your photo.
PM me if you are interested in pics.

Latest posts