Ludwig Vintage Blue Oyster wrap

Tomb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Drum Center in NH has the NAMM kit
Do any of you Ludwig guys know if they are going to offer this wrap on the Classic Maple's,
or is it just going to be available on the Legacy's?

Attachments

bellbrass

DFO Star
Reaction score
That's a good question...the only thing I know for sure is that it will be available on the Legacy Mahogany line. I am assuming it will also be available on the Legacy Maples. Steve at Russo Music could answer for sure.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
MLayton said:
I've got some new brochures for Ludwig. I'm seeing 17 different wraps available on the Classic Maples, but no Blue Oyster. They do show the Vintage Black Oyster and Sky Blue Pearl however.

Mike
Ludwig has always been behind in what they list in brochures vs. what's officially available. When I ordered my Classic Maple Downbeat kit in 2012, I used the official "drum configurator" guide. No listing at all for Galaxy Sparkle. I was assured it was available and to simply hand write the color at the top of each page for each drum being ordered.

Still, what we need is definitive proof that Blue Oyster is available for Classic Maple.

-Mark

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm going to email Randy Wagers at Ludwig. He's the Customer Service/Artist Relations person there. He should know what finishes are available for what drum lines. I'll keep you posted.

-Mark

Tomb

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
great, thanks Mark. I would think any available wrap could be requested, but we'll see! I really like that Vintage Blue Oyster.
I've been set on red sparkle for some time now, but that has really caught my eye. I'm going to have to take a ride and check out the kit at the
Drum Center in NH

jbonzo1

DFO Master
Reaction score
MLayton said:
I've got some new brochures for Ludwig. I'm seeing 17 different wraps available on the Classic Maples, but no Blue Oyster. They do show the Vintage Black Oyster and Sky Blue Pearl however.

Mike
Those are the Quick Pick options.
Probably a few more choices available. The glitter wraps, and other "premium" wraps are not listed in those brochures. Vintage Oyster Black being the lone exception.