header.nohb.html

Ludwigs Acros Blue/ brass transition badges

steambent

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have been going thru the sea of cases in my basement that I have acquired the last 40 plus years of collecting and as you might guess I am finding MANY keystone Acros (and Gretsch WMP Renown’s) some with serial numbers,some earlier ones with out serial numbers. My question or conclusion is the reason I never see the above subject line is because they did not start making Acros till after they had changed away from the blue/brass transition badge? I have an aluminum worm hole shell Acro too and of course it’s is not blue either and I was thinking the aluminum were the original Acros?

jptrickster

DFO Star
Reaction score
So I have been going thru the sea of cases in my basement that I have acquired the last 40 plus years of collecting and as you might guess I am finding MANY keystone Acros (and Gretsch WMP Renown’s) some with serial numbers,some earlier ones with out serial numbers. My question or conclusion is the reason I never see the above subject line is because they did not start making Acros till after they had changed away from the blue/brass transition badge? I have an aluminum worm hole shell Acro too and of course it’s is not blue either and I was thinking the aluminum were the original Acros?
Post some pics!

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I think an Acrolite with a transition badge would take the cake as the coolest Ludwig rarity of all time. It's not impossible to imagine a badge was leftover long enough to find its way onto the floor and actually be used once the Acros were online. Not impossible, but certainly unlikely.

jptrickster

DFO Star
Reaction score
I think an Acrolite with a transition badge would take the cake as the coolest Ludwig rarity of all time. It's not impossible to imagine a badge was leftover long enough to find its way onto the floor and actually be used once the Acros were online. Not impossible, but certainly unlikely.
An original would be a unicorn for sure but such a long time span between Transition Badge and Acro makes it extremely unlikely. I would be totally suspect of sketchy stuff