Madonna Was A Drummer?

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sheesh. If these and other stories are true, even partially, I’m finding it hard to justify her behavior.

Based on some of the solid and rational criteria I’ve read on another thread here, “What is a Professional Musician” it appears Madonna, while monetarily successful, fails solidly. She sounds like an egotistical jerk who surrounds herself with professionals.

Anyway, so/so drummer? What’s the final word on that?
I watched the docu/bio-pic mentioned here. Ok-ish drummer. Holding down a beat mid-tempo usually, little bit of faster stuff when her early band played punk. When she played drums, it wasn't flashy, it was for the band. Respek for that but her main drive was to be famous above all else, once she found out how much she adored the attention of a crowd it was over for the band. But to her credit, she was upfront and honest about it the whole time. I respect her no mess attitude. She let them know they were either on board or she was going to do it herself, and she did.

Last edited:

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the docu/bio-pic mentioned here. Ok-ish drummer. Holding down a beat mid-tempo usually, little bit of faster stuff when her early band played punk. When she played drums, it wasn't flashy, it was for the band. Respek for that but her main drive was to be famous above all else, once she found out how much she adored the attention of a crowd it was over for the band. But to her credit, she was upfront and honest about it the whole time. I respect her no mess attitude. She let them know they were either on board or she was going to do it herself, and she did.
Ahhhh. Thanks for the info. Well, maybe she and I have more in common than I realized. We are both half Italian; we are both ok-ish drummers; and we both like to run around singing in our underwear. Except I do it in private.