Making It Pop

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
Ok builders,finishers,etc.
Ive got a Ludwig Birch Icon kit.
Blacked Out kit.
Ive been thinking about trying to make it pop.
Thought of exchanging out the black hoops,bass claws and mounts with chrome ones or get some Walpargus stick on Diamonds for a full dress look or both.
Do not want to refinish or cover the shells,so,are there any other options i may be missing.
They just look dull and at my age,i dont like the look as is.
Thanks for any suggestions!
BTW,I got a great deal on them and love the sound!
20200426_085547_001.jpg

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm no builder, but if this were my kit, I would also go with chrome hoops and hardware, including lugs. I know that can get expensive but I don't think it would look good with black lugs and chrome hoops, plus the lugs would really stand out against the black. I'd also go with a white BD res drum head. And then finish it off with a matte white strip wrapping around the middle of the shells to make it pop.

Matte colors by their very nature, aren't really meant to "pop", there meant to be stealthy looking, and yes, dull, so your kind of limited I think, but that's what I would do...

unregisteredalien

Reaction score
Well, I'm no builder, but if this were my kit, I would also go with chrome hoops and hardware, including lugs. I know that can get expensive but I don't think it would look good with black lugs and chrome hoops, plus the lugs would really stand out against the black.
Might be able to offset some of the expense by selling the "stealth" hardware to a teenager who plays in a goth band ;)

deegeebee

Reaction score
In my experience these kinds of asthetic whims get expensive very quickly. I would strongly recommend passing the kit along to someone who is after that look (the aforementioned teenager) and finding something that you are happy with both the sound and look of. If you come out a few bucks ahead on the sale and factor in the few hundred you would spend to make this pop, you might find you have some options on the used market to get a nice little upgrade in both sound and look.

shuffle

DFO Star
Reaction score
Appreciate the input,guys.
The sound is what im diggin.
The kit i got in a swap.
The lugs would be too expensive to replace.
I can tolerate them.
I just wanna customize on the cheap!