Mandatory Monday Guilty Pleasure 80's Jams

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I am so ashamed at myself for not remembering to post this one. Thanks to 1up2dn for the mental prod.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
a few years back still sounding great...
Great vid... thanks for posting that one up.
I really liked the sound quality... and the drums, especially the snare, sound great to me. (Hope it wasn't all triggered sounds???)

Last edited:

polycrescendo

Reaction score
What did you listen to in the 80s' that makes these guilty pleasures? These are good songs, even in the 80's.
At this point I'm just posting anything I like from that era. I just wanted people to post some silly ones to get the party started. Cheers!

Johnny K

Reaction score
At this point I'm just posting anything I like from that era. I just wanted people to post some silly ones to get the party started. Cheers!
Nice...In that case...(and Im cheating with this since it was '79) my favorite 80's tune and I didnt know it ever existing untiil my dad shelled out for cable in 1984 and MTV showed it. I never get tired of it.

polycrescendo

Reaction score
Nice...In that case...(and Im cheating with this since it was '79) my favorite 80's tune and I didnt know it ever existing untiil my dad shelled out for cable in 1984 and MTV showed it. I never get tired of it.
Since you posted a Madness song, How about that pitch bend tuned floor tom in this song. "Our house (BOOOOM) in the middle of our"
I've always thought that they got lucky in the studio that day.

Johnny K

Reaction score
Are you sure it's a pitch bend? I think i can do that with my 16" Gretsch floor tom. Thing sounds like a bottomless pit when tuned low (IE a 1/2 turn past finger tight). I love Madness...Led me to Fishbone. I love me some Fishbone

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Reaction score
Saw these guys at the Agora Ballroom in Columbus Ohio back in the early 80s. That door was on the stage.
The opening band was Ronald Koal and the Trillionaires from Columbus.
Cool to see Wall of Voodoo in such a small setting. I really like the opening band a lot.

cozy4ever

Reaction score
Cities In Dust

I'm not embarrassed to listen to Siouxsie, she is insanely talented...but as a hard rock/prog guy I am not supposed to be seen in public supporting anything to do with punk/goth, and usually I HATE most punk in general. Can't even stand the Ramones or the Sex Pistols.

Latest posts