Mapex Black Panthers

gezz

DFO Master
Reaction score
Sold 3 remaining snare drums i had up on ads.. Brass starclassic, Pearl Free floater and worldmax Brass.
I am bidding on a 1st gen Black Panther Elm and a Deep forrest 5.5.. I have an original "memphis" model with 7.8mm Maple/Walnut shell with die cast hoops and a gorgeous yellow burl lacquer.. and a "Thick Flamed Maple" 12mm 15ply Maple shell with same hoops and a sunburst finish.. IMHO these are some of the best Drums ever made..

Gerry

R

RickP

One of the absolutely best wood shell snare drums ai have ever played was a Mapex Deep Forest Walnut snare drum. I think it was 6.5 x 14.
Really surprised me a lot and since that time I have been jonesing for a walnut snare drum.

Sticks4drums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So where are these snares you are bidding on so I can bid with you! :) I just won 14 x 6.5 second gen Walnut black Panther snare, and can't wait to get it home. One of the best kept secrets, not by me of course, is that Mapex makes some great stuff! I own about ten of their snares.

drumphils

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great snares, imo. I've purchase two in the last year. One, a maple/walnut SE that was described as 7 ply but is 5.
The other is a walnut Retrosonic.

Phil

Sticks4drums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
drumphils said:
Great snares, imo. I've purchase two in the last year. One, a maple/walnut SE that was described as 7 ply but is 5.
The other is a walnut Retrosonic.

Phil
I also have the Retrosonic. One of the most beautiful snares ever built!

gezz

DFO Master
Reaction score

Sticks4drums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was just funnin with ya! :) I wouldn't want to outbid a fellow member! Not intentionally anyways. I will have to take a pic of my Mapex snare collection when I get my two new additions! At least you and I will like it!

Which snare did you win again?

Sticks4drums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The nice thing about the Mapex stuff is we don't have many people bidding against us! If you don't have one already, there is a very nice 14 x 5.5 Black Panther Phosphor bronze up on ebay. I have three different sizes of these. Great sounding and looking snare! If you want the link let me know. Glen.

gezz

DFO Master
Reaction score
Sticks4drums said:
I was just funnin with ya! :) I wouldn't want to outbid a fellow member! Not intentionally anyways. I will have to take a pic of my Mapex snare collection when I get my two new additions! At least you and I will like it!

Which snare did you win again?
oh please post a pic.. id love to see your collection!! i really prefer the older ones.. having said that i really like the sound demos of the Retrosonic drum from the new line

gerry

SHERRI TURNER

Reaction score
One of the absolutely best wood shell snare drums ai have ever played was a Mapex Deep Forest Walnut snare drum. I think it was 6.5 x 14.
Really surprised me a lot and since that time I have been jonesing for a walnut snare drum.
My 6-piece Deep Forest Walnut Mapex kit for sale. Includes all hardware and Zildjian cymbals. I never traveled with them. Studio work only. I'll take pictures if interested. No cases. ABSOLUTELY A GREAT SOUNDING KIT!!!!

Latest posts