Mapex customer service

ppfd

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
So I've been interested in the Armory and Saturn lines for some time. With demise of the Mapex users form information is hard to come by on sizes. The Mapex website is about 2 steps above the Yamaha site in formation and usefulness.
I did the adult thing and sent the question via the website asking about drum sizes back in mid October. I guess Mapex is so busy cranking out drums they can't respond still.

So can I get 8x7 rack toms, 18" floors and 22x16 bass drums from either line? Anyone know?

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
So I've been interested in the Armory and Saturn lines for some time. With demise of the Mapex users form information is hard to come by on sizes. The Mapex website is about 2 steps above the Yamaha site in formation and usefulness.
I did the adult thing and sent the question via the website asking about drum sizes back in mid October. I guess Mapex is so busy cranking out drums they can't respond still.

So can I get 8x7 rack toms, 18" floors and 22x16 bass drums from either line? Anyone know?
Mapex has a terrible website. They used to give out great books for free with all this info in them. I will say the 8 x 7 and the 18" floor for sure. The 22 x 16 only in the design lab. The fastest way to find out is to call a Mapex seller. They will have all the sizes available.

Tommy D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Armory offers 8" and 18" toms. Only the 20" bass drum comes in a 16" depth. You could buy an 18" deep bass drum and have it cut down to 14" depth pretty easily though. Of course if you go with a burst finish that screws up the matching finish with the rest of the drums.

The Saturns I'm not seeing 18" floor toms readily available, but are probably available through special order. They do make 18" bass drums, so the shell size is available. 8" toms are no problem. You can get a 22x16 bass drum in the Saturns.

mlucas123

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They currently have the absolute worst website in the business.

Latest posts