Mapex new Black Panther collection with sound samples

stevil

Reaction score
I've liked a lot of Mapex's Black Panther snares, but their promotional copy language is so silly.

bconrad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've liked a lot of Mapex's Black Panther snares, but their promotional copy language is so silly.
LOL.

MAPEX Black Panther Venom Snare Drum
Description:

The Venom produces a poisonous slice that cuts through with a vicious bite. Nothing can hide from this infective instrument.

Treviso1

DFO Master
Reaction score
A patient gave me a Heartbreaker snare drum for Christmas last year. It's a beautiful all Mahogany snare drum that is just gorgeous and sounds GREAT! I highly recommend one!

bolweevil

DFO Master
Reaction score
I like that there is a video clip of each different snare (at least the few I check out) playing along to the same music track.

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Did any of these snares jump out at you?

I was disappointed in the aluminum snare, the Atomizer.
I do like the Predator copper drum.
The Persuader sounds exactly like my Sledgehammer. They're basically the same drum but with a different hammering pattern. And I think my Sledgehammer is seamless.
I also like the Shadow. From the video, I think I like it better than the Tama birch/walnut Starclassic shell.

Drumazon just posted some nice demo's of the line as well. https://www.youtube.com/c/drumflix/videos

I'd like to hear these in person, but it looks like Mapex did a nice job again, even if most of these are refreshes of their older designs.

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I still think the Velvetone is my favourite Mapex snare . Looks as good as it sounds .
I was in love with that kit when they released it. Steve Whitesides at Greenbirar did a beautiful demo on that kit. A lot of compression or EQing on the video...but still beautiful.

It looks like the Nucleus is the new Velvetone. Same size and shell thickness, but 8 thin plies instead of 3 thick ones.

Latest posts