Mapex Saturn 6-pc Shell Pack Blue Sparkle Lacquer

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Reaction score
This is a NEW Mapex Saturn "Studio-ease" 6-pc shell pack in Ocean Blue Sparkle Lacquer. It is a GORGEOUS drum-set! And it sounds even better -- a remarkably rich and warm tone, that only comes from the Mapex blend of maple and walnut.
Included:
10 & 12 mounted toms w/isolation mounts
14 & 16 floor-toms w/isolation legs
22x18 bass drum w/isolated spurs and tom mount. The tom mount is suspended, so it can easily be removed to make the BD a virgin.
14x5.5 matching snare drum
Hybrid maple/walnut shells
Black Chrome hardware
Lustrous Sparkle lacquer finish
Floor tom legs and tom holder included. No stands or cymbals -- but we have plenty of great deals on stands and cymbals too!
Manufacturer's "List" price for this kit is $3199, so at $1499 w/free shipping, this is a killer deal.
If you don't want the snare, or only want 3 toms, I'll happily break it up and work a deal.

PM here, or call 800-522-6422 or write doug@drumsmithonline.com.

Attachments

Riouel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
lovely kit
your snare is not a 14X5.5 ???
i have the same set and my snare is 14X5.5

W

wayne

Such a deal!!!!!...IF you need a kit this will satisfy everything you throw at it!!!

retrosonic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There is enough metal on that tom tom mount to make small battleship!! Why do modern drum makers do that?

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
retrosonic said:
There is enough metal on that tom tom mount to make small battleship!! Why do modern drum makers do that?
In this case, because it doesn't protrude into or even touch the shell. I have the same kit and have taken the whole unit off and use a rack, moreso to slide the drums to my left rather than having them perfectly centered over the kick.

edge

Reaction score
wanted to chime in on these drums, I had a Noble and Cooley Horizon kit, highly regarded by everyone who has played them, to me these drums sound almost identical, the mahogany on the N&C and the Walnut on these do very similar things to the sound. these are amazing sounding drums, at this price, in a beautiful finish....... what a nice deal

frankmott

Humble (drum) shop-keeper
Reaction score
Still have the drums, folks. lots of nibbles, no bites.
I'll knock another $100 off and throw in free Evans tom and snare batter heads!
THIS IS A STEAL for some really great sounding and looking drums.