header.nohb.html

Mapex

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
First - and you could hate me for this...in the end, I'm just a F.....G French keys player - I'm the only one who doesn't like the Imperail Lugs, so, be it, that's me, you serach is over...
Also - and being the one who started the post "Mapex snares, why not...But which one" - you could understand where i come from with them and why:
I had the feeling, coming maybe form nowhere or comments I had heard or read or??? I don't know? that Mapex was a 2nd or 3rd part/tier dums company and didn't pay attention at all when I started my snares collection. But, I wanted to have a unique collection, not following the classic Ludwig path (Maybe be that's why I'm not a big fan of the Imperial Lugs, i see them everywhere...Not terrific for a unique and personal collection!!!) and thus, needed to have open eyes of what could be some good surprise and then, I posted thE "WHY NOT MAPEX" thread.
The MAPEX story about the Deep forest came up and the 30th anniversary with it and one was on sale at my store...Ho MY GOD, fantastic snare, easy to tune, right out of the box sounding great...I realized the Shawdow was also a nice Gloss finish and had no Gloss finish but the Quality and the sound was part with my other snares for sure...I TRUSTED YOU, BOUGHT THEM JUST AFTER HEARING THEM ONLINE, WHICH WAS A RISK BUT, here we are:
I have both now and I'm sure I will have the Craig Bundle one, not sure about their Metal ones though, still hesitating with the Hammered brass or the copper one...
And the price here in Canada are cheap because my retailer is also the importer for Canada for Mapex so, he has a lot of them and usually at great price...i bought both snares for 450/490? CAN$!!! My first snare was the Tama Star Reserve...You can understand why I like them as well...I could have more for the same price of one Star snare!
Yes, make sure this secret is not spread too much, so, we could still continue to enjoy mapex at a good price while other will do like me at the beginning, not even opening their eyes on Mapex...hey, we want to make sure they stay in the 3rd tier brand opinion so as the price stay in that range too!!!

m_anderson

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem with Mapex. Played a few house kits in my time and they were nice drums.

Quai34

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have watch again the Drummers' Review video on Maoex Metal Snares and the Copper and the Hammered Brass are really nice, I will have to ch do them side by side with the Yamaha Recording custom.
Anyway, great drums as well.

flatwins

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve never played or even sat behind a Mapex kit. From around a ten year period from the early 90s to the early 2000s I was somewhat disconnected from the news of new drum products. I had some vintage drums and was more focused on that sector of the market so I must have missed when Mapex hit the scene. Never given them much thought really.

I have owned a couple of the Asian Sonor kits (Force 3003 and 3007) and as I understand they are made in the same factory as Mapex?