March 26 1968 drum in action 46 years later

cleya

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
My wife's birthday drum that my son uses with his band which I think is groovy (period appropriate adjective).

Attachments

• BDay1.jpg
    BDay1.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 10
  • BDay2.jpg
    BDay2.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 10
  • BDay3.jpg
    BDay3.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 9
  • BDay4.jpg
    BDay4.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 10

cleya

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Osahead2 said:
My birthday was yesterday... I've been searching for that date stamp for years now!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your wife and cool looking drums!
Yeah, me too. However my birthday fell on a Sunday so I'm guessing I'll never find an exact birthdate drum.

cleya

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
marko52 said:
Wow! he's a great-looking drummer, especially compared to his lead singer....marko

Haha. Yeah, thankfully he looks more like his mother. That "lead singer" looks more like an animal like me.

To be fair here's a full band shot.

Attachments

• OptonsJergelsLogo.jpg
    OptonsJergelsLogo.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 9

W&A Player

DFO Star
Reaction score
cleya said:
My birthday was yesterday... I've been searching for that date stamp for years now!

Yeah, me too. However my birthday fell on a Sunday so I'm guessing I'll never find an exact birthdate drum.
I was also born on a Sunday. That Sunday was in October of 1943. Ya wanna talk about slim chances to find any drum that was made on my date and year of birth?

cleya

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
W&A Player said:

I was also born on a Sunday. That Sunday was in October of 1943. Ya wanna talk about slim chances to find any drum that was made on my date and year of birth?

Slim to None. However, Month/Year is possible. This Ludwig Bass is from October 1941.

Attachments

• 1941_LudwigBass2.JPG
    1941_LudwigBass2.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 14

red66charger

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
cleya said:

Slim to None. However, Month/Year is possible. This Ludwig Bass is from October 1941.

And there was electricity. Who'd of thunk?

OP, great thread. How cool is it that drum was born the same day as your wife! Post a video of your son's band in the video section if you have any.

I too have a son who plays and it is a point of pride to see how he's developed into such a great talent. It's been a gift to be able to communicate and share with him in this arena. I have plenty of photos and video of him playing through the years. He started with his current band using my late 60's Slingy's, but he needed a kit with modern hardware so I helped him find a custom Precision/Keller kit locally.

i-Snr27XF-S.jpg

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
You must be proud! I'm listening to the Options as I type and I'm diggin' the vibe, particularly the singer's voice. Reminds me a bit of the Cranberries. I wish them great success. I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned how much your son looks like a young Keith Moon.

Belated B-day wishes to the Misses (and those Luddies). So cool to find a kit on that exact date! I like to think my Rogers are somewhere in the ballpark of my birth.

cleya

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
funkypoodle said:
You must be proud! I'm listening to the Options as I type and I'm diggin' the vibe, particularly the singer's voice. Reminds me a bit of the Cranberries. I wish them great success. I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned how much your son looks like a young Keith Moon.

Belated B-day wishes to the Misses (and those Luddies). So cool to find a kit on that exact date! I like to think my Rogers are somewhere in the ballpark of my birth.
Ha. Thank You funkyP. My Son will love that comment. The Who iis his favorite band of all time. Can't see it in that picture but that is actually a Keith Moon tie - Moonie's face picture is on the bottom. Thanks for the kind words about the band too. I will share it with them, and please Like their facebook page (facebook.com/theoptionsband), if you are on Facebook, and/or pass along to other music fans. He's a freshman music major in college, and they are a young band with a long road ahead of them but starting to make a small buzz around the area you can read about in this article. http://pittsburghmusicmagazine.com/2014/02/13/the-options-pittsburghs-best-kept-secret/

Thanks again.

drummerjohn333

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Please forgive me - it's the musician in me, as well as the desire to help - that mic placement is not good for the mic - some believe it can actually damage the mic. I hope that is not his (and belongs to the house or something).

Beautiful kit, love how they are decked out in the white shirts and ties - and the eye candy in front doesn't hurt either!

I am not at all suggesting she makes more than one choice - but I bet she can look around the band and conclude that she has Options!

cleya

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
drummerjohn333 said:
Please forgive me - it's the musician in me, as well as the desire to help - that mic placement is not good for the mic - some believe it can actually damage the mic. I hope that is not his (and belongs to the house or something).

Beautiful kit, love how they are decked out in the white shirts and ties - and the eye candy in front doesn't hurt either!

I am not at all suggesting she makes more than one choice - but I bet she can look around the band and conclude that she has Options!
House PA at one of the larger/better sounding venues in Pittsburgh: http://jergels.com I'll bring it up with their sound engineer next time they gig there.

No reply on your other comment. She's a teenager. They all are.

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
Wow cool about the date stamp. My mod orange set is date stamped March 26 1969 and it's original supra is dated March 20th 1969. Your sons blue set looks great. I love that vintage vibe!

atomicmorganic

DFO Master
Reaction score
My birthday is Mar 27, 1940. Have never found a snare drum with either of these dates.

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
W&A Player said:

I just checked and my birthday was on a saturday too, April 12 1969, so I guess I'm out of luck too...