Mardi Gras Drum Wrap now available

galaxy08

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Beautiful! Did Slingerland offer this wrap, too? If so, how different is it from the Rogers version?

CompactDrums

Reaction score
galaxy08 said:
Beautiful! Did Slingerland offer this wrap, too? If so, how different is it from the Rogers version?
Yes, there was a Slingy version as well. if I recall correctly it was less dense confetti-wise...

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Oh My...I have some shells that need wrapped at some point. This might be the new lead contender for my choice of wrap.

JCKOriollo

DFO Master
Reaction score
galaxy08 said:
The slingerland Mardi Gras actually has circles in addition to the squares and is much busier. I actually prefer it to the Rogers.

galaxy08

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
JCKLudwig said:
The slingerland Mardi Gras actually has circles in addition to the squares and is much busier. I actually prefer it to the Rogers.
Thanks for the info!

CompactDrums

Reaction score
JCKLudwig said:
I'll have to check it out and maybe make that one as well.

K.O.

DFO Master
Reaction score
Oh My...I have some shells that need wrapped at some point. This might be the new lead contender for my choice of wrap.
Let me know how I can accommodate you. :)

Will do, although this is a real "backburner" type project. I was thinking of using Slingerland style hardware when I do get around to doing this set so if you were to do that style of this wrap so much the better.

red66charger

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
CompactDrums said:
After many many tweaks and endless experiments I managed to come up with a very true to the original Mardi Gras wrap. Even the little colour-confettis are slightly pearlexcent, just like the original. It's funny how the ones I think will be easy, turn out to be the most challenging.....

http://walopus.com/product/mardi-gras-drum-wrap

20160930_230804.jpg
Awesome, looks great. Is there a "shelf life" for availability on this? I don't have a project in hand as of yet but knowing this could be an option could change that. :)

Safe to assume shipping to USA would be available?

CompactDrums

Reaction score
red66charger said:
After many many tweaks and endless experiments I managed to come up with a very true to the original Mardi Gras wrap. Even the little colour-confettis are slightly pearlexcent, just like the original. It's funny how the ones I think will be easy, turn out to be the most challenging.....

http://walopus.com/product/mardi-gras-drum-wrap

20160930_230804.jpg
Awesome, looks great. Is there a "shelf life" for availability on this? I don't have a project in hand as of yet but knowing this could be an option could change that. :)

Safe to assume shipping to USA would be available?
No shelf life. Of course we ship to the USA, or anywhere else in the world for that matter. :)

CompactDrums

Reaction score
K.O. said:
Let me know how I can accommodate you. :)
Will do, although this is a real "backburner" type project. I was thinking of using Slingerland style hardware when I do get around to doing this set so if you were to do that style of this wrap so much the better.

Often new finish choices are the result of someone ordering it as a custom finish. Even if I haven't introduced it as a standard offering you can still order it as a custom. No extra charge and no minimum quantity.

Latest posts