MARDI GRAS PEARL WRAP !!!!

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
Really hard to photograph the finish is so high gloss the pic doesn't do it justice but I have to say
it's quite beautiful. Thank you Mark and Ace and everyone else that put this together. It's a Party!

famousdave

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm glad everyone is happy with the results. Not sure I'd attempt such a thing again anytime soon, but in the end you guys pulled together (with a little help from Andrea) and made it happen...Congrats, and good luck with your builds !

1966bmx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
famousdave said:
I'm glad everyone is happy with the results. Not sure I'd attempt such a thing again anytime soon, but in the end you guys pulled together (with a little help from Andrea) and made it happen...Congrats, and good luck with your builds !
Thanks for putting this together Dave . And I sent an email to Andrea too thanking her for everything ...

retrosonic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Does anyone have a spare piece big enough to wrap a 13 X 9 Gretsch tom?

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The wrap looks great! My shell arrived at PDC on Thursday. Can hardly wait to get it back! I'm thinking we should start another thread to post completed drums.

-Mark

VintageDrummer

DFO Master
Reaction score
If anybody has leftovers.. I might want to do the inlays on my kit... each drum has 2 inlays...

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
My shell is wrapped, but they are adding the butt plate, logo, and tone control today. I should get the drum about Wednesday. I love all of the little specks in the picture. I hope I have Rogers t-rods somewhere. Ace

steambent

DFO Master
Reaction score
idrum4fun said:
It's gonna cost you
Exactly!! You guys should have jumped on this like the rest of us!!

I did but I only got 2 sheets and should have got 3. Thinking about doing a 24 kick.

-Mark

Last edited by a moderator:

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
With this success, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a 2nd run sometime. Especially after we show pics of finished drums. Ace

P.S. Also, I wonder how this wrap will match with older drums? I just got a snare, so no problem. I bet they go fine though.

1966bmx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
rhythmace said:
With this success, I wouldn't be surprised if they did a 2nd run sometime. Especially after we show pics of finished drums. Ace

P.S. Also, I wonder how this wrap will match with older drums? I just got a snare, so no problem. I bet they go fine though.
I would imagine it would match the later less busy version that Rogers had just fine which I actually like better than the first type . I wonder if they will do another run of this in the future or not .

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
I wanted to wait until I got the snare shell back and show the finished drum. I couldn't wait though. Smile from ear to ear. Ace
Before.jpg
Wrap removal.jpg
Raw shell.jpg
Bearing edges.jpg
Finished shell.jpg
P.S. This shell looks more like maple than birch to me. Don't know though.
P.P.S. This picture makes the shell look darker. In the E-bay picture, the fade was much worse. Look how uneven the shell sits. It didn't even have the Script Logo.

Last edited:

Latest posts