Marimba

komodobob

DFO Master
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the mods should move this to the general section. That way more people will see it and be able to enjoy this beautiful instrument and how masterfully Tom plays.
Thanks Tom, I really enjoyed this.

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
That was some wonderful playing!

I owned a Deagan marimba when I was in high school and college.

A few years ago I bought another Deagan hoping to get my chops back. As has been mentioned, I don't have the time available to practice. Someday...

tkillian

DFO Master
Reaction score
That was some wonderful playing!

I owned a Deagan marimba when I was in high school and college.

A few years ago I bought another Deagan hoping to get my chops back. As has been mentioned, I don't have the time available to practice. Someday...
Oh man. Thanks so much. Appreciate it

Gordogarbo

Reaction score
Really cool! I have always wanted a marimba, I have a Deagan Professional Xylo my Grandfather left me when he died, and a student model Portable vibraphone(might actually be deagan too, I can’t remember off the top of my head.) but marimbas are just so beautiful. I want to setup my xylophone soon and try to get back into it. I’ve played glockenspiel a tiny bit for my church, but I’m awful at reading. Maybe I can work on some of my old college marimba pieces on xylophone.. ha. Anyway, great playing and great to see some marimba!

multijd

DFO Veteran
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really nice Tom!! That’s a malletech correct? Interesting color on the B bar. Post some more!

tkillian

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes .Malletech..low E..4.5 Octave

poco rit.

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for spending the countless hours, nights, days, years of your life, all alone in a practice room, to be able to share such truly beautiful playing with the world. The dynamics, the feel, everything is there. Bach played like a Bach. I remember playing this on violin as a kid but the easier version and without the chords. Very very nice playing. Thank you for sharing. :)

tkillian

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thank you for spending the countless hours, nights, days, years of your life, all alone in a practice room, to be able to share such truly beautiful playing with the world. The dynamics, the feel, everything is there. Bach played like a Bach. I remember playing this on violin as a kid but the easier version and without the chords. Very very nice playing. Thank you for sharing. :)
Thanks so much. You are too kind.

I'm an amateur compared to the "full-time" marimba players out there.

I owe everything to my teacher Gordon Stout.

poco rit.

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much. You are too kind.

I'm an amateur compared to the "full-time" marimba players out there.

I owe everything to my teacher Gordon Stout.

Im still gonna tell myself it took you years to get this good so i dont feel bad about not practicing mallets enough. I was a mean chimes player though! :p