Marvin "Smitty" Smith's Rudimental Ritual

MSwanson

Reaction score
I created a series of YouTube videos to make it easier to learn and practice Marvin "Smitty" Smith's version of Alan Dawson's Rudimental Ritual, and I thought this group might be able to use it:

Enjoy!

MSwanson

Reaction score
Hello, Karlheinz! Thank you so much for creating and sharing such a great resource. My drum instructor showed me the PDF of your exercise, and I knew I had to learn it. I hope that the slowed-down tempos make it easy for others to learn it too. I'm amazed at how well you're able to play the piece...impressive work!

Base

Reaction score
Hello, Karlheinz! Thank you so much for creating and sharing such a great resource. My drum instructor showed me the PDF of your exercise, and I knew I had to learn it. I hope that the slowed-down tempos make it easy for others to learn it too. I'm amazed at how well you're able to play the piece...impressive work!
Thank you for your kind words! May I ask where you are located and who's you're drum instructor? Just curious how far "the waves have spread".

MSwanson

Reaction score
I'm in Sammamish, Washington (right outside of Seattle). My drum instructor is Jake Evans at Moore Brothers Music, also in Sammamish.

Base

Reaction score
looks like my idea has made it quite faR - cool! I´ve a cousin that lives in Seattle while I myself are located in Austria in the middle of Europe. If youdon´t mind/remember would you be so kind an ask your teacher how he got notice of my drumset ritual? Whenever your next lesson might be... stay save - at least you sgould have enough time to practise andplay it better than me :)

Latest posts