Massachusetts Drummers

markhy

Reaction score
So I'm out of Boston, I play all the time. But I'm always looking for something to do in the evenings.

Why not meet potential friends and those I can learn from and connect with them?

So, if you're in MA and play around often, let me know! I'd be willing to come say hey and introduce myself.

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hey Neighbor.
Got a coffee house gig in June in Lincoln. I also march with the italian american (marching) band out of Lawrence. We do a lot of the North End Festivals. Going to be in Somerville on the Saturday of the long weekend...

and you?

markhy

Reaction score
Let me know about the north end festivals for sure, I love Italian food and it's a quick ride on the green line for me. As for somerville, which club?

As for me, I'm playing a local originals show in somerville on the 18th or 19th at Cuisine En Locale, but unless you like 4/4 rock music it's probably not worth the trip.

Other than that, I have an outdoor festival in plymouth on the 30th playing blues and classic rock tunes.

Sonorholic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I'll be at the Middle East upstairs this Friday and at Atwoods tavern this Saturday w/ Vapors of Morphine. Come out and say hi.

markhy

Reaction score
What kind of music is it? If I wasnt playing friday in providence I would, saturday might work though!

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I am playing around Boston about once a month or so, with either Jennifer Greer Trio or Greg Allen's Fringe Religion. Come out and say hi. Here are a few of my next shows:

May 15 at Dusk, Providence, RI w/ Greg Allen
July 5 at Midway Cafe, Jamaica Plain w/ Greg Allen
July 11 at Lily Pad, Cambridge w/ Jennifer Greer

phillyjoe1205

Reaction score
CAMDRUMS said:
I am playing around Boston about once a month or so, with either Jennifer Greer Trio or Greg Allen's Fringe Religion. Come out and say hi. Here are a few of my next shows:

May 15 at Dusk, Providence, RI w/ Greg Allen
July 5 at Midway Cafe, Jamaica Plain w/ Greg Allen
July 11 at Lily Pad, Cambridge w/ Jennifer Greer
I used to play the Midway all the time CAMDRUMS. Havent been there in years. Used to play Toad also KickSnareHat. Cool places.

markhy

Reaction score
I played the midway 5 years ago and I'm glad to have never gone back. I've heard they've turned it around though. Any insight into that?

Unfortunately, I'll be camping from July 2-8 and then touring 9-13 so let me know what comes up after that Camdrums

phillyjoe1205

Reaction score
markhy said:
I played the midway 5 years ago and I'm glad to have never gone back. I've heard they've turned it around though. Any insight into that?

Unfortunately, I'll be camping from July 2-8 and then touring 9-13 so let me know what comes up after that Camdrums
I used to play there when Dave was still a partner with Jay. Last I heard Dave was bought out by his brother but that's 2nd-3rd hand I heard that. It was definitely fun for what it was and there were many stories that came out of being there. lol

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
My band Afterfab is playing in Worcester Friday 5/15 at Viva Bene. We play the Beatles solo catalog.

Played there in 2013 when it was mostly a restaurant but now they're doing more music and are calling it Simply Fargone at Viva Bene. Two sets starting at 8pm. Should be fun.

Viva Bene
144 Commercial St.
Worcester, MA (right behind the Centrum...sorry, the DCU Center)

markhy

Reaction score
If anyone wants to come see my pretty rogers kit out in Somerville tomorrow night at Cuisine En Locale, feel free.

Past that, there's an outdoor gig in Plymouth on the 30th

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
markhy said:
If anyone wants to come see my pretty rogers kit out in Somerville tomorrow night at Cuisine En Locale, feel free.

That's an interesting venue. We played a reunion show there as part of the MBR Pipeline Anniversary series. I have rehearsal tomorrow so won't be able to make it, but have a good gig.

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
Playing June 8 at the Lincoln Library with Sam Bayer (www.sambayer.com) its a coffee house gig...quiet but clever...

KoopaS

Reaction score
Hello fellow Bostonians!

Love to see all this DFO activity around town.

If you are Museum of Science members, grab tickets to their annual July 4th rooftop event. I'll be playing selections from the Great American Songbook with the Blue Hotel Band.... and my 1970 Slingerlands. :)

markhy

Reaction score
Any other gigs coming up Koopa? I'll be in the middle of the Adirondacks for the 4th

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
drummertom said:

That's an interesting venue. We played a reunion show there as part of the MBR Pipeline Anniversary series. I have rehearsal tomorrow so won't be able to make it, but have a good gig.

Pipeline? I played several of those shows. Always a good time!

phillyjoe1205

Reaction score
markhy said:
Has anyone been to the blues jam at Common Ground in Allston?
Does Matthew Stubbs run that one? I've never been there but Matt is the real deal. He's was a nice guy as well the few times I've chatted with him. He's playing guitar for Charlie Musselwhite currently. I think he has Chris Riveli playing drums on that gig but not sure.....good players but never been to the jam,

Latest posts