Matt Chamberlain

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He’s my favorite. Absolute favorite. Crafty and tasteful with an ear for music and equipment. My generation’s Keltner.

MacDaddy

Reaction score
I think it's not MC, but Brian MacLeod who played on that track (Love Song)
I love Brian MacLeod's playing too. A great and underrated drummer. I know he also played on this record but this article says it was Chamberlain on Love Song. That is no guarantee either, I guess... They could be mistaken too but it sounds remarkably like him.

Carlos McSnurf

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Matt is amazing - one of my favorites!

This track “Limp" is incredible, as is the whole record. There are actually two drummers credited on "Limp" - Matt, and the drummer named Butch, who played for the band Eels. I’m not sure who plays what on the track, but I suspect Matt be the one playing the solo in the middle.
Butch Norton is very good drummer, solid touch with a lot of percussive happening. After Eels he played with Lucinda Williams

Carlos McSnurf

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Was waiting for someone to post this track. I always heard it was an N&C from the 90s power piccolo era. In any event, one of my fav snare sounds.
To me it sounds a sample. It might be N&C piccolo as it was super popular at that time.
similar sound here: