Matt Decides not to Shave

JDA

DFO Master
Reaction score

There was talk on Cymbalholic - before it went into suspended animation- when Matt- who posted- after purchasing this solid New stamp 20" 2650- and living with it for a few weeks-- whether he should "mod" it.

You had the " shave her down" side.
And you had the "leave her be " side.
looks like his decision has been made .
" leave it be".

Last edited:

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'd play that. The sound file should be with "Low Spark Of High Heeled Boys" or maybe even a Steely Dan track

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
i love the way it sounds (as is?)...find a manhole cover and mod it...but...it is the owners choice (it'd lose value I'd think).

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
Great sound file Matt. Heavy happens sometimes. These are the 20" Old Ks above 2400g I've seen out of 231 records in my database.

There was one more where the seller just said "heavy" and didn't give a weight. Presuming that one with no weight was also above 2400g then that's 5 out of 231 so these represent the heaviest 2% of Old Ks. Just some context.

Soulfinger

Reaction score
I dunno… not my cup of tea.
I wouldn´t mod it though. Sell it on, get a used Paiste Sig Full or Dark Energy ride for a similar (but better IMHO) sound and have some money left (and no keyhole either). Then again, I´m not particularly crazy about vintage cymbals.

cozy4ever

Reaction score
Nice sound! Even as a stubborn Paiste guy I would proudly play this Z.