Maui Blue Fender Stratocaster

BRIAN

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a 1969 Maui Blue Strat, Original Case, and amp that he got when he was 12 years old.......I have not seen it yet, but I am trying to get him some ballpark figures if he wants to possibly sell it. Only thing that I have been able to find are 1981 models on the web.............ideas???????? suggestions??????????

dead_head

Since DCI
Reaction score
I can't find "Maui Blue" being listed as a Fender custom or stock color...

Ice Blue Mettalic ?
Daphne Blue?
Sonic Blue?
Ocean Turquoise ?

Gotta have detailed pics and ones under the hood too..

http://home.provide.net/~cfh/fenderc.html

BRIAN

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this one is kicking my ass.......I have searched high AND low. Hope to see it this weekend, I did pull up some pictures on the computer from the later years and he said that is the color, also has rosewood neck. He is a really good guy and I hope that he is sitting on something here.......

DrumBob

DFO Star
Reaction score
Can you post a picture? Fender had a series of custom colors around then that were very different than the older ones they had in the early sixties. It was Fender's sort of lame-o attempt at recreating the custom colors. One of them was called Sahara Taupe, another was a hideous orange, another was bright yellow (ech!). The one you're decribing could be part of that series. I would see if you can find the 2010 Vintage Guitar Price Guide and check that. If it is indeed from that series, it could be worth more than you think due to rarity. They didn't make many of them.