Maxim Reveals Neil "Bubba" Peart's Hidden Life in the Fast Lane!

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Most of you guys have probably seen this during your morning scroll through Maxim.com's pics, but the mag has revealed that "Bubba" was a pretty hard-core car nut.

Note: Please see the recently posted "Some of Neil's snares for sale for the revelation that Peart's nickname on tour was "Bubba." My mind is completely blown! https://www.drumforum.org/threads/some-of-neils-snares-for-sale.186661/

The Professor's excellent taste will be on display during an upcoming auction of the million-dollar cars owned by The Greatest Prog Musician of All Time* (*Prog Magazine readers poll, Sept. 2020).

The Lambo Miura to be the most beautiful road car ever produced. These estimates seem very low.

Which of the convertibles do you think he was driving when he dreamed up the song "Trees?"

For those who may be shy at looking at Maxim's beautiful images while at work, I'll list the rides and the starting point of the auction estimates.

If you had the money to spend as freely as NEP did (though it was Canadian money) on his cars, what would you buy? Cars? Planes? Yachts? Gambling?

1970 Lamborghini Miura, $1.2 million

1964 Shelby Cobra, $900,000

1964 Aston Martin DB5 (James Bond), $650K

1965 Maserati Mistral Spider, $575,000

1973 Maserati Ghibli, $250,000

1963 Chevy Corvette (split window), $150,000

1964 Jaguar E-Type 3.8 Liter

What a garage! He must have had a full-time crew of mechanics to keep all of these in tip-top running order.

Bubba!!!

1AC43915-1F5A-4891-86D8-9DD35B9712CF.jpeg

Last edited:

flatwins

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes, Neil enjoyed his vehicles and with the work he put in he deserved the fruits of his labor. As far as transporting drums, I’d guess he hadn’t had to worry about that since around 1979.

Last edited:

DamnSingerAlsoDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Pretty much all of the estimates seem rather conservative, assuming all cars are numbers matched and in good shape. But yeah, the Miura, should fetch a good deal more than 1.2 ... It is definitely the most beautiful sportscar ever made.

hsosdrum

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, I never particularly envied Peart as a person until seeing here that he owned a '63 split-window 'Vette.

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, Neil enjoyed his vehicles and with the work he put in he deserved the fruits of his labor. As far as transporting drums, I’d guess he hadn’t had to worry about that since around 1979.
I don't think he ever had to worry about transporting drums himself, while with Rush. He joined them after their first album was released, just in time for a tour as an opening act...so I don't think he had to worry with transporting anything himself, even for rehearsals, after that.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
?possible reason is it's a 289 not a 427
(Herbie Hancock has a white one and it's a 260 (he tells a story about drag racing Miles Davis)

Last edited:

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Neil sure liked the color silver in cars. Funny he never played that color on a kit, that I remember? Anyone?

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having gone to many of these auctions during Car Week here, these figures/estimates are low....