Maybe a different type of video than what is typically posted here. "Crossing" is a drum duet thats supposed to mimic a railroad crossing.

Drumbumcrumb

Reaction score
Wow, that’s creative and well executed. You guys are eerily in sync, I’m imagining lots and lots of practice! Did you have to try a bunch before you found a brake drum with a sweet tone? That bad Larry sounds lovely.

Is that…. Soap-on-a-rope? Please tell me that’s a soap-on-a-rope drum muffle.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was nothing short of amazing, what creativity. The brake hub totally got my interest - is that from a Kia Sorento? Looks like it but after that I totally zoned into it. So peaceful and well done.

Just wow...

Wow!

blholmesjr

Reaction score
Wow, that’s creative and well executed. You guys are eerily in sync, I’m imagining lots and lots of practice! Did you have to try a bunch before you found a brake drum with a sweet tone? That bad Larry sounds lovely.

Is that…. Soap-on-a-rope? Please tell me that’s a soap-on-a-rope drum muffle.
thanks!

That is a drum muffle that I got (along with the drum) from a Yamaha give away at a conference. It’s just a stock Yamaha snare muffle. I accidentally knocked it off during the recording - probably should have just used moon gels!

onacarom

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I'm new here - but I hope this is an interesting video and is accepted here... I have drum set videos I can post as well. Let me know what you think! - this was part of a recent recital project for my DMA degree in perc. performance.

I love! Upon experiment, I think that the first door we open is ours.