Me playing and soloing at a recent live gig

Base

Reaction score
I´ve loved the "I can see your house from here" album by Metheny/Scofield when it was released (and I was still studying). Now I finally got the chance to play one of my favourite songs for the first time last week. It was at the final concert of the "Croatian drumcamp" that I´ve directed And it´s more of a jam than a really well rehearsed performance. Still I like it and think it´s good enough to share it with you.
ps please feel free to comment/critisize if you like - but I do allready know, that there are some moments during my solo where you can recognise who the original drummer on the album :)

ThomasL

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice playing! I always liked that tune, too. Is your LSR a 20" KCDCR?

Base

Reaction score
Nice playing! I always liked that tune, too. Is your LSR a 20" KCDCR?
it´s a prototype for that one that was made prior to the serial model and I´ve aquired through John Riley

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great playing and solo. And yes, that LSR is delicious!

Base

Reaction score
Nice job. Your kit sounds really nice.
That's not my kit but the house kit of
The festival. stage customs if I remember correctly. Just gave them a quick tune up...

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I´ve loved the "I can see your house from here" album by Metheny/Scofield when it was released (and I was still studying). Now I finally got the chance to play one of my favourite songs for the first time last week. It was at the final concert of the "Croatian drumcamp" that I´ve directed And it´s more of a jam than a really well rehearsed performance. Still I like it and think it´s good enough to share it with you.
ps please feel free to comment/critisize if you like - but I do allready know, that there are some moments during my solo where you can recognise who the original drummer on the album :)
Actually I also hear a little Joe Morello in your solo with your left hand

squidart

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slammin' all the way around. I have no critique to offer whatsoever. What a great tune too.

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Loved it!! Great tune and tasteful playing all-round. Really nice job!

poco rit.

Reaction score
Your solo coupled with the Yamahas gives me strong Antonio Sanchez vibes. Very tasty. My only criticism is why is the guitar player standing sooo far away from you and the bassist?? lol

Base

Reaction score
Your solo coupled with the Yamahas gives me strong Antonio Sanchez vibes. Very tasty. My only criticism is why is the guitar player standing sooo far away from you and the bassist?? lol
That's been due to the circumstances of the situation. Our performance has been part of an evening with always changing groupings and setups and a need for quick changeovers. So everything kindnofnatayes at it's place - and when the other, big, drumset was used, the guitar player was near, but the bass player was far away ;)