Medicine at Midnight - new Foo's

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It's very good. Very very good. I'm loving the new sounds and the more pop songs and the backup singers.

Grohl is a genius.

That is all - give it a listen. Unless you hate good music, then you can not listen.

Targalx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Listening to it right now.

The best Foo Fighters album was the very first one (self-titled). Their output has gotten incrementally worse with each album thereafter. The last listenable album to me is There Is Nothing Left To Lose.

Everything else sounds like the background music for your next Chevy Silverado commercial.

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Listening to it right now.

The best Foo Fighters album was the very first one (self-titled). Their output has gotten incrementally worse with each album thereafter. The last listenable album to me is There Is Nothing Left To Lose.

Everything else sounds like the background music for your next Chevy Silverado commercial.
Well. I couldn't disagree more.

robthetimekeeper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
For those that don't know, you can hear the entire album for free on YouTube. Go to the Foo Fighters channel and select the Medicine At Midnight playlist.

Drm1979

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I especially like the title track. Its definitely different from a lot of their albums. I'm a huge fan from way back but it's nice to hear something that's totally different from their usual "formula". Taylor did a good job changing up his sounds and adding more auxiliary percussion into his set up for this one.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
We finally listened to it yesterday while hanging out on the patio. I really like it. Had some 70's vibes going on in places and it's still definitely Foo Fighters, with a twist. It's a refreshing change of pace.

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like metal music with the Foo Fighters being about as light as I can go. The last 3 albums to me are what I call Radio songs and I just can’t do it. That doesn’t make it bad music, it just makes it not for me.

bigbonzo

DFO Star
Reaction score
It's very good. Very very good. I'm loving the new sounds and the more pop songs and the backup singers.

Grohl is a genius.

That is all - give it a listen. Unless you hate good music, then you can not listen.
I hate what most other folks consider good music. I suppose you would be one of them. Different strokes for different folks. Just sayin'...