Meinl 24” R&D Concept Model (Foundry Reserve Thin Ride)

michaeldangelo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wanted to share one of my recent acquisitions that’s pretty unique. I came across a bunch of Meinl prototypes on Reverb from Badges Drum Shop in Ohio and this one definitely stood out to me. It’s based on the Foundry Reserve series, but this particular cymbal is thinner than most 24’s I’ve come across. (2670g) It has a beautiful wash but plenty of stick definition. I hope they release this as a production model!

Last edited:

Ptrick

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great balance of stick, wash, bell, and crash! Nice pick up.

jb111

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wanted to share one of my recent acquisitions that’s pretty unique. I came across a bunch of Meinl prototypes on Reverb from Badge’s Drum Shop in Ohio and this one definitely stood out to me. It’s based on the Foundry Reserve series, but this particular cymbal is thinner than most 24’s I’ve come across. (2670g) It has a beautiful wash but plenty of stick definition. I hope they release this as a production model!

Damn, that sounds great. Honestly, I've never gravitated towards Meinl. May have to reconsider.

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Damn, that sounds great. Honestly, I've never gravitated towards Meinl. May have to reconsider.
I'll say it again, Meinl is quietly killing it with their jazzier cymbals. This video is fantastic!