meinl hcs

biggdrum702

Reaction score
so i got a set 20" ride 16" crash 14" hats and a 12" china
i know these are entry level but WOW for they sound good, i mean really good.
especially the china and it was free! this is my first time useing meinl but if this is thare entry level i think i'm hooked. just thought i would share.

slinginit

Shake, bump, and shake again...
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear that. There are some budding Meinl-holics on this site, and I think I'm becoming one of them (in addition to being a Paiste-holic and neuveau-Turkish-cymbalholic)...but anyway... I think Meinl is the cymbal company to watch these days with their innovations and new cymbal alloys. In addition to making professional-level B8 cymbals (like Paiste), Meinl has introduced B10, B12, and a couple lines of B20.

The diversity of their "Byzance" series (B20 made in Turkey) provides enough offerings that Meinl-Byzance could be its own cymbal company. Check 'em out (w/sound files) on http://www.cymbalsonly.com. These are very impressive sounding cymbals and they hold their own next to the Big 3 and other Turkish offerings.

What kind of music do you play?

biggdrum702

Reaction score
just getting back in to it after a 15 year layoff. my intrest is metal/punk/rockabilly
but for now i'm just getting my chops back

Coelacanth

DFO Master
Reaction score
biggdrum702 said:
just getting back in to it after a 15 year layoff. my intrest is metal/punk/rockabilly
but for now i'm just getting my chops back

I was in the same boat as you a year and a half ago, getting my chops back...but your 15-year layoff trumps mine, which was a mere 11 or so years. Isn't it fun drumming again? :occasion5:

Do you mind if I ask how much that cymbal pack cost? It helps when comparing that line of Meinls with the other beginner & intermediate brands.

biggdrum702

Reaction score
yeah drumming is awesome, makes me ask why i stopped in the first place.
as far as price i really don't know. i bought the tama imperialstar kit and it came with the meinls
the imps are awesome too btw.

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
Ditto on the Meinl's, Bigg. A friend of mine bought the MCS pack, which is the next step up from the HCS's, and I was very impressed with them. I wanted some cheap crashes for my Clubdate kit and a/b'd the Meinl's with Sabian B8's, Zildjian ZBT's and ZHT's, and to my ears, at least, the Meinl's sounded much better. My wife, who is the critical type, agreed with me. I think those go as a pack for $219 with a Classic series 16" china. The Classics that I've checked out are very nice for the money. The ones that I've tried reminded me of Paiste 2002's, somewhat.