Meinl Pure Alloy 22" Medium Ride (lowering every day)

nickrobotron

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I bought a full set of these out of curiosity. I think they sound a lot like Paiste Giant Beats. They are all just a little heavier and slightly darker. The slightly beefier weights make the hi hats and ride so much more usable and the darker tonality makes them sacrifice nothing. They behave under microphones a little better too since they don't have that "telephone ring" in the sustain. In short, I honestly love them and would recommend them to anyone for a vintage rock and roll vibe. I am only selling because I have 2 full Paiste set ups though and my commitment to the Paiste brand is deep.

Crashes and hi hats have sold. Ride is still available!

22" Medium Ride - $180, shipped.

IMG_5010.jpg
IMG_5011.jpg

Last edited:

michiganice91

Reaction score
I got another friend who is a huge paiste player that absolutely loves these pure alloys too. Spot on description as well. I also think these are some killer sounding cymbals.....but like you said....I am way too deep in the paiste hole LOL

kevin klever

Reaction score
The drum shop I work at was part of a Meinl "cymbal tour" or something a while back, where they were sending like 300 cymbals to a drum shop and whatever didn't sell from that shop after a few months gets shipped to the next shop on the list. So I got to try the full spectrum of everything Meinl is offering now. I was super disappointed with almost everything, but I think they got it right with the Pure Alloy series. They reminded me very much of good 602s, very smooth and with a lot of air and breathiness even with the heavier models.

nickrobotron

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The drum shop I work at was part of a Meinl "cymbal tour" or something a while back, where they were sending like 300 cymbals to a drum shop and whatever didn't sell from that shop after a few months gets shipped to the next shop on the list. So I got to try the full spectrum of everything Meinl is offering now. I was super disappointed with almost everything, but I think they got it right with the Pure Alloy series. They reminded me very much of good 602s, very smooth and with a lot of air and breathiness even with the heavier models.
I was immediately drawn to the Pure Alloys the first time I heard them. And I could play these for life for just about anything, really. I also love the Benny Greb Sand Series. Most of the other stuff is too dry or dark or just off the beaten path for me. Meinl is a cool company though. Their range of sounds, I would argue, is larger than Paistes. Maybe the other 2 major brands too.

Last edited:

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I was immediately drawn to the Pure Alloys the first time I heard them. And I could play these for life for just about anything, really. I also love the Benny Greb Sand Series. Most of the other stuff is too dry or dark or just off the beaten path for me. Meinl is a cool company though. Their range of sounds, I would argue, is larger than Paistes. Maybe the other 2 major brands too.
A wider range of sounds than Mehmet? Have you seen mehmet's website?! (Don't give up immediately, endure the terrible website.)
They have 36 different lines of cymbals. 36!
Some of them are hard to even find YouTube videos of.

nickrobotron

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
$190, shipped. You cover the fees. Been working on the house and need to move stuff! And need some cash.

I’m going to lower this $10 every day until it sells. It’s already cheaper than anywhere online...

Latest posts