memory alloc failure on editing

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
I've had this message twice:

Allowed memory size of 536870912 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in...

The rest of the message got cut off but it was in a parser routine. I'll try and trick your system into getting the whole message properly next time (or copy it onto a piece of paper outside the clutches of the system).

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
that's a new one on me zenstat. let me know if it happens again please...

shouldn't you be at 'holics getting that new fangled software figured out!!**?? :laughing5:

mike

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
Ha ha. I'm still trying to find where the programmers hid all the moderator features I'm used to. And doing my best to pin down errors and report them. So really I'm doing the same thing here at the moment.

I just thought about it some more and worked out what might make the error reproducible. If I'm right I'll be able to give a recipe of how to make it happen, plus catch the rest of that error message. But well see.

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
alright...i'll keep my open here if you post again..

i'll be happy over there when I can view last post first again..i'm dying right now. need my cymbal fix!!

mike

zenstat

Senior Cymbal Nerd
Reaction score
Just now getting back to trying to recreate the problem. Here in this post. Let's see.

http://black.net.nz/drums/

&feature=player_embedded

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Old-Vintage-UFIP-20-Sizzler-Cymbal-Made-in-Italy-Engraved-rotocasting-/251297685930?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&nma=true&si=R1pxu5gHV1bPNkeQS%2FQ0Qktd5Q4%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc long url using a name separate from the url in bbcode[/ulr] and on to a very long bit of text. Say this view: Graeme Tuckett's review of The Red House Radio New Zealand, National Program Nine to Noon, Thursday 14th March 2013 The Red House is a New Zealand feature film that debuted premiered during last year's very good International Film Festival. It is made by an Auckland based film maker called Alyx Duncan. Now Alyx was sort of not exactly born but certainly was raised on the Hauraki Gulf island of Waiheke and she has very much returned to her childhood home to make the film and she has also cast her own parents as the leads in the film and she has done this so effectively so naturally and so seamlessly that I actually assumed when I first saw the film that I was actually watching a documentary about her parents because her parents are playing I think nothing if not more than a sort of heightened version of themselves. Turns out that foolish me it isn't actually documentary at all, it is basically a work of fiction but is a work where fiction is very much entwined with the truth. So Alyx Duncan minx that she is has cast her own parents to play basically her own parents but acting out a slightly fictional tale of one of them returning to her native China to care for an aging and unwell relative while her father who is something if not everything we love about the 1970's encapsulated on one very very endearing bloke stays behind on Waiheke and makes do. So it is this lovely entwined narrative about these two deeply deeply likable people who I think we glean have barely taken drawn a separate breath for thirty or forty years are suddenly being separated by half a world again. It's just really gentle lyrical stuff. Not an awful lot happens on the surface but I think there's some great tectonic shifts beneath the surface as we observe these likable watchable genuine people of an age that we seldom see on movie screens unless something dreadful is happening to them actually having a minor upheaval in lives that have been interestingly and well-lived. I just can't speak highly enough of this thing (The Red House). I enjoyed it immensely. [I]And where will you see it? (Kathryn Ryan)[/I] The Red House is playing at any of the decent little cinemas around the country I think will be hosting The Red House over this week and the next couple. It is definitely playing in the Penthouse in Wellington and a couple of the smaller screens in Auckland definitely have it. I am going out on a limb in assuming that Dunedin, Christchurch, Nelson, Hamilton. I believe it is getting as good a nation-wide rollout as a small and independently produced feature film could ever really hope to get. This is just a likable lyrical refreshing little film if you are of an age where you want to see nice people on the screen doing good thing to each other this is your one. Hmmmm. What I'm doing isn't triggering it (even with the bogus end of url)...I wonder...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts