Memory Locks for older, thin cymbal rods?

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Guys,

I've used small hose clamps on my vintage sets forever instead of memory locks, because i could never find memory locks small enough things like a cymbal "L" rod, gretsch BD spurs, thin cymbal stand top, etc.

I've never seen any for a 8mm or 6mm rods.

Does anyone make memory locks for this old, smaller rods? I wouldnt mind buying a pack if they would for my small stuff.

Thanks for any help.

Retro

Pedal_Pusher

Reaction score
I bought some small memory locks from Drum Supply House in Nashville about a month ago. I don't remember the brand but Andy said it was a recent product. I put them on 1960's Ludwig cymbal stands top rods that I assume are 3/8" diameter. They adjust with a drum key and I "retired" my ancient hose clamps. The larger size of the same product is used for some tom mounts and also floor tom legs. Hope this helps, good luck, and happy hunting.

retrosonic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Pedal and Squid. Thank you both for those suggestions! A big help to me!

I have requested prices from both places. But I have a hunch the drill stops are gonna be cheaper!

Last edited:

amosguy

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pedal and Squid. Thank you both for those suggestions! A big help to me!

I have requested prices from both places. But I have a hunch the drill stops are gonna be cheaper!
I have used the drill collars. Depending on the size, I have been able to replace the allen head screws with small square head drum screws. Or maybe use wing screws.

Jimmy Willis

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I’m using a 70’s Ludwig Atlas hi hat stand and 1400 flat base cymbal stands. Would love better memory lock options.

Latest posts