header.nohb.html

metal snares

funkypoodle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A Rogers COB Powertone would fit nicely with that kit and are fantastic snare drums. BTW, 600 pounds sterling is 756.28 USD (today).

Leo Stimson

Reaction score
well a power tone was my original plan but I thought that was a bit basic, I was seeing if I could get something with a little 'wow' factor.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
its quite tricky because I don't really know what im looking for :) or what im after
This is the theme I am getting from your posts about snare drums. NOT trying to knock you or anything, but I think you need to try out some different things to get an idea of the sound YOU want out of your snare drums. There are a ton of metal snares out there, everything from a 20s Black Beauty to a 60s-70s Supraphonic/Dynasonic/Sound King/etc. and they have their own charms each. You'll get a bunch of different opinions from people about the one THEY like, but some standard great sounds will pop up in the answers over and over (the ones I already named). You may not know anyone who has these drums for you to hear. So buy one, try it, and if you don't love it, sell it again. Buy it inexpensively enough that you don't lose your shirt. But asking a drum forum of thousands of people to suggest a good metal snare drum for you is a crap shoot to say the least.

Leo Stimson

Reaction score
ive just looked at some of my past conversations. I sound like an idiot. :) I promise I know drums well. ive just asked some stupid questions.:lol:

D. B. Cooper

DFO Master
Reaction score
Here ya go dude:

Last edited: