header.nohb.html

Mic Stand mechanism - Midnight Oil

drummerjohn333

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Looks like Rob Hirst has some rigged up mic stand mechanism to bring it around.

Never seen that before!

lamartee

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or there's a roadie on his hands and knees swiveling the mic stand.

Last edited:

scaramanga

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I noticed this too! And was going to post about it! Abe Laboriel also had one with McCartney.

BTW Midnight oil can still MORE than bring it and Peter Garrett sounds absolutely incredible. I think I heard him sing even higher on this last tour than he used to.

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'd guess that it is controlled by a roadie (or drum tech) inside that large black box thing just behind the guitar players VOX amp. You can see a chrome arm mechanism that goes from the right of the drum kit to the box and it moves every time the mic stand does.

p83

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
i saw the police sitting in back of the stage once, and there was a guy crouched behind copeland the whole show and his only job was swinging around the mic stand when needed, and then getting it out of the way.

lamartee

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
i saw the police sitting in back of the stage once, and there was a guy crouched behind copeland the whole show and his only job was swinging around the mic stand when needed, and then getting it out of the way.
I remember seeing the Who 100 years ago and and a couple of roadies crawled up behind the big P.A columns with claves and mics and started clackin' out the intro to Magic Bus. (your post reminded me of that:glasses2:)

tdcrjeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'd guess that it is controlled by a roadie (or drum tech) inside that large black box thing just behind the guitar players VOX amp. You can see a chrome arm mechanism that goes from the right of the drum kit to the box and it moves every time the mic stand does.
You can see the roadie's arm here @ 1:30 and a few more times later in the song.

Last edited:

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I saw the same thing with Portnoy in DT.