Mid To Late 70's Slingerland Stands

Topshelfgerd

Reaction score
I just purchased a set of black Diamond Slingerlands from the late 70's. I am now in the market for cymbal stands from the same period. If anyone has any they are looking to get ride of, of knows where I might find some, please let me know. The drums are immaculate and I would like the stands to be in great shape too. Thanks!!

Last edited:

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Place your ad request on the Facebook Group "Slingerland Snares & Drumsets." It's amazing how much stuff they have managed to amass.

Topshelfgerd

Reaction score
Thanks. I got a great deal on them too. I actually wanted a 60's or early 70's with 3 ply and re-rings, but when I saw these I couldn't pass them up. They look brand new.

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have a wonderful BUDDY RICH snare stand from the 70s. Any interest?

Just like this one

Its in great shape for its age.

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You can find them in no time between Slingerland Snares and Drumsets, Ebay, your local Facebook "musical instruments for sale" ads and Craigs List. I see these all the time. And in many cases at pretty good prices. I picked up a pair of very nice, mid to late 70's red label stands for $35 each two months back via local FB to add to my 1980 5 ply BDP's.

Topshelfgerd

Reaction score
I have seen some here and there. I haven't seen a whole lot that are in excellent condition. I really do want to get some stands that are in great shape so that they look good with the drum set.

Topshelfgerd

Reaction score
tkillian, is that your stand or you have one like it? If so, do you have pics of the actual stand you are selling? How much would you want for it?

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What style are you looking for? You could get the kit with two types of stands...flush base or tripod. If you are looking for flush-base stands, I have a near-mint 804 hi hat stand. It might even be NOS. Let me know if your are interested.

-Mark

Topshelfgerd

Reaction score
What style are you looking for? You could get the kit with two types of stands...flush base or tripod. If you are looking for flush-base stands, I have a near-mint 804 hi hat stand. It might even be NOS. Let me know if your are interested.

-Mark
I didn't know that, thanks. I really don't know. I would think the tripod would be more stable, although these won't be leaving the house to play any place. Do you have a pic? The guy that I got the kit from had a hi hat stand that he gave me that's in great shape. I don't have a pic of it but it looks like this one only it doesn't say Slingerland on the pedal, there's no writing there. It is exactly like it. He said Slingerland had made some other drums under another name and made stands for them that didn't have the name on them.
Slingy hi hat stand.jpg

Last edited:

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here are pictures of my 1971 Slingerland kit. The first one shows all flush base stands and the second shows all tripod stands. Yes, the tripod stands are definitely more stable. The tripod hi hat stand you want is the #66 Dynamo. While many refer to it as the "Buddy Rich" hi hat, it was never cataloged with his name and was always the Dynamo. These are easily found, but may take time to find one in VG+ condition.

-Mark

Attachments

Topshelfgerd

Reaction score
Those are some beautiful drums! Now, they are 71's. I was told that my drums are from 1979. Wouldn't the stands have been different then?

tkillian

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
tkillian, is that your stand or you have one like it? If so, do you have pics of the actual stand you are selling? How much would you want for it?
No not mine. Mine is at one of my Elementary schools.

I will take a photo tomorrow and post.

Price. $50 plus shipping?

Latest posts