Mid-winter project - 5 Rogers Swivomatic Swanleg Stands

APelletier

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Last year I got my hands on some old neglected Rogers Swivomatic swanleg cymbal stands that I got for a song. Bought mostly for the distinctive wing screws, I figured I could turn my attention to sprucing them up down the road. Yesterday I started into the chore of wet sanding through 4 different coarsnesses of sandpaper, finishing with 1500. I was pretty pleased that the steel beneath took as nice a shine as they did up to the compound buffing state. With buffing, I can tell they're really going to gleam! Here's a photo of a before (left tripod) and after (dissembled tripod). So far so good, but a lot of hard dirty work involved! 4 to go, but I'm going to complete one before moving on.

IMG_20210114_091953568_BURST000_COVER~2.jpg

Last edited:

kallen49

Reaction score
seeing this made me look at the old Rogers swan leg hi hat stand that my brother gave me. It's very rusted on the upper shaft but is complete and is pretty solid, only missing the clutch,

I guess you drilled out the connecting rivets and have a way to replace them with new rivets? I don't know how that is done...

APelletier

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
seeing this made me look at the old Rogers swan leg hi hat stand that my brother gave me. It's very rusted on the upper shaft but is complete and is pretty solid, only missing the clutch,

I guess you drilled out the connecting rivets and have a way to replace them with new rivets? I don't know how that is done...
Yes. drilled out and found stainless steel matching semi-tubular rivets at the local True Value hardware store. Have to find a punch or a rivet set clincher to reinstall.

Last edited:

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last year I got my hands on some old neglected Rogers Swivomatic swanleg cymbal stands that I got for a song.
Would that be a Swansong? haha Did the Tube rivets not long ago, got the punch set off amazon worked like a dream on the WFL button tips. Have fun.

kallen49

Reaction score
Would that be a Swansong? haha Did the Tube rivets not long ago, got the punch set off amazon worked like a dream on the WFL button tips. Have fun.
I have a small riveter not big enough for this,
which punch set worked for you? thanks!

APelletier

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Stainless steel semi tubular rivets on the Rogers Swanleg stands are readily available in True Value. The dimensions are a 3/16" shaft that is 5/16" long and the head is a 3/8" Truss head. with that said, the body, or diameter of the shaft, is what you want to coincide with what ever punch or die you get.