Last year I got my hands on some old neglected Rogers Swivomatic swanleg cymbal stands that I got for a song. Bought mostly for the distinctive wing screws, I figured I could turn my attention to sprucing them up down the road. Yesterday I started into the chore of wet sanding through 4 different coarsnesses of sandpaper, finishing with 1500. I was pretty pleased that the steel beneath took as nice a shine as they did up to the compound buffing state. With buffing, I can tell they're really going to gleam! Here's a photo of a before (left tripod) and after (dissembled tripod). So far so good, but a lot of hard dirty work involved! 4 to go, but I'm going to complete one before moving on.