Milestone Percussion

MonolithDrums

Reaction score
To all, with respect:

I just read a couple of old threads that mention my name several times in a very dishearteningly way. My name is Bill Hibbs and I only try to build a good product. As far as Paul Mason goes he was never anything but good to me. I did fight against some of the Tempus history while trying to re-establish the Milestone name when Paul had entrusted both to me. Paul did make some shells for me to brand as Monolith in the early 2000's that's when the very expensive Nomex honeycomb, not styrofoam as someone quoted, core was abandoned and the use lugs rather than the suspension flange was started and continues. The making of Milestone and Tempus drums wwas handed over to me in late 2014 and ended in late 2019, I believe. I have no problem being corrected if my dates are off. Anyway, I was the tour manger and drum tech for April Wine at the time. I supplied all the drums usually only for a show or two, never a tour, mostly because the band didn't really tour they did a lot of one offs or small groups of shows. There was never an attempt by Paul or myself to deceive in any promotion or to any buying customer. Anyone that has spoke to me knows that I would ever do that. In 2023 it will be 30 years (1993) I have been doing this, and I will have to re-evaluate the economic climate at that time since this is not a good time to do that. I still have Monolith drums fabricated off site in two series F-type and C-Type. Our current shells are absolutely seamless on the exterior, which was only a mold separation seam anyway and only on the outside, but regardless it is now gone completely. All tooling and molds are brand new, lugs proprietry and as someone implied "that's where the Fibes tooling ended up" that is completely false to the best of my knowledge. If anyone has any questions they can reach me directly. Please stop the speculation! i came across the posts looking for some original milestone drums for reference. I had a set from the 70's into the 90's when I started Monolith and Jerry Mercer joined me shortly afterwards.

Bill
fullsizeoutput_29a.jpeg
Bill

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lugs I bought from you about 2-3 years ago were disappointing in quality .
Who the heck uses self tapping screws ??

MonolithDrums

Reaction score
I didn’t design those Milestone Classic lugs I just supplied what was available. Everything else here uses M4 bolts and master seal washers incl finding all the Tama stuff I order. I specified M4 when I had the monolith lugs made. It would not have been my choice to use self tapping screws as the Milestone stuff did and does. Although the supplier has told me the supply of Milestone/Tempus lugs are almost gone and will not be remade.

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those self tapping lugs sure made me glad I never bought a new kit at his prices ..