Miller Snare Drum help

fishdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I Just acquired this ten lug Miller snare drum. I understand it was sold by the Miller Band Instrument Co. during the 60s/70s.

As part of my restoration work I am looking for the right top hoop.

Any help in identifying it would be appreciated (see images of the snare and snare-side hoop).

ps. Any history to share about this drum would be appreciated as well.

Attachments

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Top looks like a standard style. Bottom with the curve around the tension rod looks interesting........I don't think I've seen such a hoop.......is it COB or COS? Good luck.

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hey, hey - by "solid shell," do you mean one-ply?

There was a very down-home amp company here in Michigan called Miller. They made beastly, powerful guitar and bass amps and PA's. All the country guys used them.

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Hey, hey - by "solid shell," do you mean one-ply?

There was a very down-home amp company here in Michigan in the 60's/70's called Miller. They made beastly, powerful guitar and bass amps and PA's. All the country guys used them.

Geardaddy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I also have a Miller snare drum in red sparkle. It's an 8 lug drum with a 5 ply shell with 5 ply re-rings and white painted interior. Simple Ludwig / Slingerland style throw and butt. Ludwig baseball bat style muffler with a round knob. Not sure where or by whom the parts were made, but all in all it's a well made drum.

Miller snare 1.jpg Miller snare 2.jpg Miller snare 3.jpg Miller snare 4.jpg

Latest posts