Ming Pure Ultra light, 18x22/5x14/7x10/8x12/15x16 - $1000

FloydZKing

fire bad!
Reaction score
If you are serious about saving weight without playing miniature drums, this set is for you. Excellent original condition with a few minor dings, beautiful pistachio green translucent fiberglass shells with black carbon fiber reinforcement rings. Many of you are familiar with the snares, this set is of the same construction. These are the drums that became Mair Pure. Sold with stock logo BD reso head, not graphic head pictured.

- 18x22 virgin bass with spurs
- 5x14 10-lug snare with brass-plated hardware
- 7x10 tom with RIMS-style iso mount
- 8x12 tom with RIMS-style iso mount
- 15x16 floor tom with legs

Attachments

Griener

Reaction score
So what's the weight of these drums then?
I had a wood snare 4x14 made for me with wood hoops (8 lug) that weighs 4 ,19 pounds (1908 gramms).
How much is your snare.
I'm not in the market for more drums, but I'm curious if fiberglass is really lighter than wood shells.

FloydZKing

fire bad!
Reaction score
The shells are definitely lighter - the rest of the parts are pretty standard though. The entire bass drum is around 15 pounds.

robthedrummer

Reaction score
I don't suppose that 18" deep bass could be cut down, correct?

Also, how flexible is the bass shell? Any chance it could withstand a tom mount? J/M drums can, but it sounds like these are much thinner.

FloydZKing

fire bad!
Reaction score
It could probably support a mount, perhaps short of extreme duty or super heavy hardware. The shells are pretty stiff and don't wobble at all.

It could also be cut down but I wouldn't want to tackle that one. Separating the re-ring cleanly from the offcut and reattaching it to the shortened shell isn't always easy. Here you'd likely just chip and sand the green off of the offcut until you were down to just the black CF ring. I've done it several times on old wooden shells. While it would be great to lose that bulk, removing a 4x22 ring from that drum would only reduce the weight a small amount - the weight of these drums is mainly in the hardware.