Mitch Mitchell Ludwig J.H.Exp REPLICA Drums (1967/68/69)

Reaction score
I started the Mitch Mitchell Fan Club on Facebook back in 2013. Starting last year in Honor of the 50th year Passing of Jimi Hendrix, I began to assemble an Exact Replica of Mitch Mitchell's 1967 Jimi Hendrix Experience Drum Kit. So why stop there, I decided to buy a brand NEW Ludwig Legacy Maple Drum kit, "De-Modernize" it and Assemble Vintage ROGERS Mint Swiv-o-Matic Hardware and Stands to Recreate a REPLICA of the 1968 Mitch Mitchell J.H.Exp Drum kit. Again, why stop there with just the 1967, and 1868? In less than a Month, I assembled a Replica of Mitch's 1969 Woodstock Black Panther Drums from a 1967 Ludwig Pink Champagne Sparkle Kit, that I had. Here are some pictures of the 3 Mitch Mitchell REPLICAS Drums that I took to the Chicago Drum Show back in May of 2021.

Attachments

squidart

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Kevin,
Nice to meet you and your brother at the Tacoma show yesterday! What a pleasure to gaze and play upon all three replikits of my all time musical hero. The attention to detail is astounding. Now I'm driven to find that second floor tom for my 64 silver sparkle Luddys! Thanks for the Experience. ;)

Dave

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice job to detail, enjoy! For the 69 Black Panther replica, did you recover the Champagne sparkle wrap that was on the 67 set? Or did you strip the Champagne Sparkle wrap...just curious.