mixer with hybrid drums using ezdrummer

riccardo

Reaction score
Hi there,
For a mixer, I am looking at one called the " beringer mx400 micromix 4-channel mixer" and it says it only can have mono audio and not sterio? if I were to plug in the audio on my laptop from easydrummer, then audio on a seperate device like my phone playing spotify music, then my headphones plugged in to hear everything, will this mixer manage all of that? if not, what is another cheap mixer i can buy?
many thanks everyone!

bpaluzzi

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That mixer wouldn't work, unfortunately. There's no pan per channel but also no headphone amplifier. You'd need to step up to something like the Behringer Xenyx 502. That has two pairs of stereo inputs* (you'd need to have 1/8" male to 2x 1/4" male "Y" cables) and a headphone out.

This would also give you a mic input, so you could hang a single overhead over the kit for acoustic cymbals, or vocals, etc.

*technically 3 pairs of stereo inputs, counting the RCA tape in, but you'd generally want more control over the input than what that channel gives you -- there's not even a volume control for that.