Mod Orange Questions

Topsy Turvy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I love both mod orange and the psychedelic red finishes. I’m surprised that I haven’t seen anyone gigging (when that was actually happening) playing reissued versions of either of these.

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
I love both mod orange and the psychedelic red finishes. I’m surprised that I haven’t seen anyone gigging (when that was actually happening) playing reissued versions of either of these.
The last two gigs I played I used my rewrapped Mod Orange at one and my vintage Psych Red for the other (on the last weekend before lockdown began).

Got a lot of oohs and aahs from folks who knew what they were looking at.

20190601_201645.jpg

psych red ribco.jpg

Topsy Turvy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The last two gigs I played I used my rewrapped Mod Orange at one and my vintage Psych Red for the other (on the last weekend before lockdown began).

Got a lot of oohs and aahs from folks who knew what they were looking at.

View attachment 450472

View attachment 450473
Believe it or not, the mod orange actually appears to be subtle compared to the psychedelic red. Crazy!

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Just wondering, who has the best psychedelic red wrap?
The closest thing you can currently get is from Bumwrap. "Psych red more blue" is the version I prefer. The 14" floor tom in the photo above is wearing it (because finding an affordable vintage Psych red 14" floor tom to add to my set is probably not happening).