Modern Drummer- October Kit of the month 2011 (like an Addiction)

Tophatjohnny

Drumming Fool!!
Reaction score
I'm happy to bequeath it with the person to which it should belong. T H J :occasion5:
Thanks Brother Boom, and glad to have one of the 3. Everytime I use it I will toast to the Boom Master and raise it high.

Real soon here the Top Hat set is going to be seen around the globe (pics anyway) and our resident builder may be busier than a Top Hat Bumble Bee!! Ever seen one of those??? :lol: :unsure:

Tophatjohnny

Drumming Fool!!
Reaction score
Why Johnny. . . Why?? [in a lil boy voice] :drunken:
Let's just say that tomorrow or the next day, this kit is blowing up across the globe, and can't say no more till the bomb drops. Excited for Dennis I am, and so proud to own this work of art. More to come, do stay tuned right here. :occasion5:

BrianOwens

Drumsforever
Reaction score
I'm happy to bequeath it with the person to which it should belong. T H J :occasion5:
Thanks Brother Boom, and glad to have one of the 3. Everytime I use it I will toast to the Boom Master and raise it high.

Real soon here the Top Hat set is going to be seen around the globe (pics anyway) and our resident builder may be busier than a Top Hat Bumble Bee!! Ever seen one of those??? :lol: :unsure:
Can't wait to hear the International news BUZZ from the King BEE! B)

erik.aylesworth

Reaction score
I had the good fortune of witnessing these in person. The sound and design is just incredible. I couldve played these for hours! well, I pretty much did. johnny youre the man for letting me play these!

-Erik

Tophatjohnny

Drumming Fool!!
Reaction score
The set was chosen as "Kit of the month" for the Oct issue and is now on the stands where copies are sold. Pics were just taken off my web cam, and thought to share with the community.

An honor it is to show the set to the MD audience, and pretty sure it has a big one?? Remember DFO'ers....you were all first to see this work of art, and it too is an honor to share it here. Thanks to all that took time to comment, and extra HUGE thanks to Dennis for making it come to life. That's what "D" does!! :occasion5:

BTW, the article that is included is very nice and Stauffer Percussion should be proud! :notworthy:

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
THJ, that is totally outasight! Proud you should be and proud you are.

Joeyboom

De. Drum Show Feb. TBA 2018
Reaction score
When you told me the news a while back I was stoked. . . NOW TO SEE IT . I'm really really proud of you and Dennis Bud. . I'm gonna get the issue for posterity. . Congrats again celebrity THJ !!!. . . :occasion5: Time for a drum show tour. They were at Chicago next is Jacks Pennsy show Oct. 29th. Drum Jam session night before on the 28th.

What you couldn't sneak the glass in the article???. . .

:blackeye:

B O O M

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I didn't think this could get any better, but with an improved canister throne that spawned a popcorn snare...how cool is that???

Tophatjohnny

Drumming Fool!!
Reaction score
Thanks again for the kind words. I am happy for Dennis Stauffer that one of his masterpiece kits is seen around the world of drummers, and am proud to have been a helping hand in the creation of my dream set. I did get a copy autographed by the editor of MD for my personal collection, now I just need Dennis to send me an autographed copy!! :occasion5:

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
congrats jonny and dennis. that is really something to be proud of. enhoy. i'd like to pickup a copy but have no idea where they might be sold around here...

mike

Tophatjohnny

Drumming Fool!!
Reaction score
congrats jonny and dennis. that is really something to be proud of. enhoy. i'd like to pickup a copy but have no idea where they might be sold around here...

mike
Thanks Mike, Tommy, Boom, G, and ludwigfire. :occasion5: I'm sure any bookstore will have the mag on their stands, any Guitar Center, or maybe it will be available to view online? Maybe when I get in a real typing mood, I'll type the article out in the thread here?? :idea1:

Tophatjohnny

Drumming Fool!!
Reaction score
T H J w/t BA MD T H & C K ot M M F IMHO . .
take your time

:drunken:

B O O M
I took my time, got most of it, and am still cracking up! :lol: I have a few friends telling me that they are having a tough time finding the Oct issue, so I say, GC will have the New MD's (Oct issue) any day now. They might already have it, but trying to sell off all the Sept. issues?? I am still pretty stoked to have my new set as the "kit of the month" and proud for Dennis even more! :occasion5:

ReGaL Music

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Congrats Johnny. I even took out a subscription to MD today. They told me my first issue would be the November magazine. I told them that was a "deal breaker"...send me
October or no subscription. October issue is on the way.

With the subscription for the print version I also get the digital version. Maybe I can post something later...after everyone's already paid for a copy :occasion5:

Dennis S

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words. This project has been one of my absolute favorites of all time, and it's awesome that Modern Drummer recognized the uniqueness of this build. I've got the article up on my blog, you can check it out here: http://staufferpercussion.com/modern-drummer-kit-of-the-month/

Thanks again to Johnny for giving me the opportunity to build such a sweet setup...I only wish he was closer so I could get more seat time behind it! :p