Modern Drummer- October Kit of the month 2011 (like an Addiction)

ReGaL Music

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Dennis, thanks for posting the MD article. Very Cool. Great job. I'm hoping to get a chance to play on this beautiful kit some day. They've got an owner that certainly knows what he's doing with a pair of sticks. :notworthy:

johnnydrums

Drumming Fool!!
Reaction score
Thanks Dennis for posting a readable link to the MD article, and thank you Randy for the kind words. Looking forward to meeting you. :occasion5:

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
I got that issue late last week. I had to show it to my wife, of course---"This guy is on the forum!" She thought that the set looked pretty cool, too.

erik.aylesworth

Reaction score
Hey gang. Been in the works for a while, and so anxious I have been to not only see, but hear these bad boys in person. Total Awe I am still in people. Dennis is a true master and the most passionate builder/artist on the planet (IMHO) and this is living proof. Paying respect to the vintage (old school) side of the planet we took this project. Top Hat design from Ludwig,Beavertail from Slingerland, and the set it and forget it Swivo-Matic from Rogers. This making the set over the Top..... Hat & Cane folks.

One Ply Steam Bent Maple shells with solid rerings. Stick Saver hoops and the bass drum hoops with inlay you just don't see anymore.

How do they sound?? Like nothing I have never in my life heard before, at least in my stable, and I have owned just about (I said just about) every brand there is. This is by far my favorite sound and I have always loved the TH&C design.

The Pearl is aged/vintage WMP and just pops like crazy. I said "the pics are nowhere near as cool as seeing the set in person, but still cool pics to see.

Sizes 16x26,10x13,2-16x16's,6.5x14 and an additional 5x14 One Ply Steam Bent Butternut snare with tube lugs, solid brass hoops and the old school claws. (love this baby)

I am thrilled with the set, thrilled with Dennis Stauffer and thrilled to have got this work of art delivered to me on my birthday today and happy to share it with my DFO friends and brothers. Have to say, best birthday ever.

My special thanks goes out to of course (our very own DFO member) Mr. Dennis Stauffer for making it all happen, (our very own DFO member) Rogersoholic) aka Smitty, for the beautiful "Rogers" swivo-matic hardware to make the Buddy Rich thing happen, and because it's the coolest way to set it and forget it there is.. IMHO. Extra special thanks to DFO, as if I didn't become a member here, meet Rob (treviso) as well as Dennis Stauffer, the wheels to make this dream set would have never happened!!! DFO Rocked my drum world..Flat out, and make no mistake, our forum leader :notworthy: (chris) is nothing short of a sweetheart of a human being and I'm proud to call him a friend! Too excited to type any more so please enjoy the pics. Dennis did have a pro at the camrea last week, and real good shots will be up on staufferpercussion.com before too long. The shots there now are with a simple camera, and all I have here is a webcam tonight. Hope you dig the vibe. :occasion5: Click on any pic for a decent close up. Isn't this a cool place to meet cool people??

johnny

Almost forgot, special thanks to Boom for the new avatar!! :occasion5:

check out www.staufferpercussion.com to see some of the other amazing work that Dennis has done and a ever growing list of drummers that truly LOVE their drums inside and out. If you are giving the slightest thought to having a custom set made to order, you will too be thrilled to work with Dennis from start to finish. attention to detail, and what the drummer wants with Stauffer Percussion are that of Perfection, and second to none! :occasion5:

The new addition to the set is a 4x13 10ply Maple and bears the "Black Label" badge. Great addition to the set! :occasion5:

Modern Drummer Oct Issue 2011 "Kit of the month" Happy for the Master "Dennis Stauffer. and proud to own the set!! :occasion5:
yes sir..

johnnydrums

Drumming Fool!!
Reaction score
I got that issue late last week. I had to show it to my wife, of course---"This guy is on the forum!" She thought that the set looked pretty cool, too.

Thanks. Yes the Oct issue is out on stands and a lot of my friends from the past are starting to contact me now........I knew I should have went with an unlisted phone number :drunken:

But really, it is an honor to showcase in MD for a month and hope it gives Stauffer Perfection/Percussion a true shot in the arm! The man is awesome!! :occasion5:

Joeyboom

De. Drum Show Feb. TBA 2018
Reaction score
I told you that you were a celebrity Hunk. . . . So get a new pen,new sun glasses,new out fit, plan your repartee and prepare to meet the MASSES!!!

"In a deep male voice with HUGE reverb and lots of echo
and funk drumz n bass groove underneath"

MD productions,
in conjunction with
Stauffer Enterprises

presents in Concert

T H J
and the
* STEEEEEEM BENT EXPRESS *
View attachment 111246

Rollin through your town, the master of the "Get Down"
He CANE Rock & Roll like a silk GLOVE round yo SOUL Baby
Code:

mlayton

Night Creature
Reaction score
:lol: boom,youre crazy...but we already knew that! :icon_smile:

mike

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
I told you that you were a celebrity Hunk. . . . So get a new pen,new sun glasses,new out fit, plan your repartee and prepare to meet the MASSES!!!

MD productions,
in conjunction with
Stauffer Enterprises

presents in Concert

T H J
and the
View attachment 111246

Code:

Joey, just outstanding! :notworthy:

johnnydrums

Drumming Fool!!
Reaction score

MD productions,
in conjunction with
Stauffer Enterprises

presents in Concert

T H J
and the
View attachment 111246

Code:

I heard this same plug on the local radio station here today. KQ92 Dayton must have seen the thread and ran with it. Shortly after that they played John Lee Hookers "Boom Boom" and I just knew they were playing that just for you Joey!! :occasion5:

BrianOwens

Drumsforever
Reaction score

Thanks. Yes the Oct issue is out on stands and a lot of my friends from the past are starting to contact me now........I knew I should have went with an unlisted phone number :drunken:

But really, it is an honor to showcase in MD for a month and hope it gives Stauffer Perfection/Percussion a true shot in the arm! The man is awesome!! :occasion5:

I just got my copy of MD the other night. I really like that snare on the floor with the tube lugs. It's as great sounding as it looks and goes well with any drum kit just like Butter on fresh Bread! :p

johnnydrums

Drumming Fool!!
Reaction score
Giddy Up !!!! :occasion5:

And GO!!!! To all or anyone thinking about a One Ply Steam Bent set, you will be thrilled to death with the tone, especially Maple one ply builds. These babies just sound better all the time, and have forced me to play a lot more than I was before I got the set home. Can't seem to get enough of this rich tone. :occasion5: