*MODS* DFO member DM spam

Moonman

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this but this is for the Moderators...
Just received a DM from a new member with a link to rate and view naked photos.
They used my username in the message, so they're probably active now.

Just a heads up.

Apologies in advance if this is the wrong way to handle this.
Thank you,
Chris

gbow

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I also got it and reported it. Was not sure if I should delete it from my messages? I normally would, but don't know if it needs to stay so they can see what it says and who it's from.

gabo

drummertom

Staff member
Reaction score
We've been seeing a bunch of these. All coming from new members that have an IP address in Moscow. We're trying to keep up with banning the spammers, but some are getting through. Please continue to use the report feature so we can get the messages and posters removed.

ThomasL

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Would it be possible to implement a feature that you have to have a certain amount of posts in the forum before being able two start private conversations? That might calm down these spammers?

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup just got it as well. I reported it.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
We've been seeing a bunch of these. All coming from new members that have an IP address in Moscow. We're trying to keep up with banning the spammers, but some are getting through. Please continue to use the report feature so we can get the messages and posters removed.
Does the forum platform have the capability of registration approval before activity?

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
Hey)
Got it too. Since I see she's already spoken for multiple times I didn't bother to take a look. Much like drums on Craigslist, I'd rather not know about something I'm sure not to get. :)