I’m considering in investing in some but I don’t want to if I don’t confirm something. A huge issue I have with the zildjian ones and others is I lose all of my high end hearing. Would molded fix that or is it kind of par for course?
The Concert is an ideal hearing protector for musicians and concert attendees, but is also useful to anyone who needs to hear accurately in high-noise environments. An interchangeable flat attenuation filter allows the wearer to hear sounds accurately, but at reduced volumes. Can be ordered with a choice of 9, 15, or 25 dB Etymotic Research® filters.
High-Fidelity Hearing Protection
Musicians Earplugs™ are custom high-fidelity earplugs developed by ETYMOTIC over 25 years ago, following president Dr. Mead Killion’s participation in a noise study for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. They are still the highest fidelity of any earplugs available. Musicians Earplugs are a custom product, made individually for each user. They can be purchased from hearing professionals.
Musicians practice and perform in a variety of different settings. They are exposed to high levels of sound, sometimes for long periods and may require different amounts of protection depending on sound levels encountered during rehearsals and performance. Some musicians use one type of attenuator in one ear and one type in the other, depending on the source and location of the sound.
- Reduces sound levels evenly so that music and speech are clear and natural, not muffled as with other earplugs
- Reduces risk of hearing damage for many noisy occupations and noisy venues, such as airshows, parades, athletic events and motor sports
- Enhances the music experience for audiences while protecting hearing
- Lets musicians hear their own instrument and their blend with others
- 3 levels of sound reduction: 9 dB, 15 dB and 25 dB
- Interchangeable buttons
- Custom earmolds require ear impressions
- Regular use of these high-fidelity earplugs while practicing, performing and listening to music will protect hearing from the cumulative effects of overexposure to loud sound throughout life.
- A little time may be required to acclimate to these earplugs. Many musicians report that they hear their own instruments better, as well as the balance with those around them.
Molded earplugs offer much better attenuation so they block all frequencies more consistently. There is new technology available that allows audiologists to make a 3D digital model of your inner ear and then an earplug is created from the digital model. It is much more accurate than the old method of making ear molds - injecting a sort of caulk into the ear. Trust me, I have had both. Find an audiologist who uses this new scanning system: https://www.lantostechnologies.com/us/
Holy cow, I hadn't heard about that before. Thanks!There is new technology available that allows audiologists to make a 3D digital model of your inner ear and then an earplug is created from the digital model. It is much more accurate than the old method of making ear molds - injecting a sort of caulk into the ear. Trust me, I have had both.