header.nohb.html

More OT: Fargo Season 2 & Gotham

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

During the months where Walking Dead and Game of Thrones are in hiatus, I decided to try the new Fargo and Gotham. Holy Moly, what great shows. I'm currently in the middle of the series on Fargo. I didn't think they could top S1 but IMHO they have. Such great writing. Cast is dead on.

Gotham I'm loving as well. Still in S1.

Anyone?

zenghost

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Don't watch much TV, but I did latch onto Fargo S1 on Hulu. Now waiting for S2 to come around.

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A nearly impossible task but the Cohen brothers out did themselves with the Fargo series.

Don't miss Vikings on the History channel also on Hulu.

agogobil

Drum Czardine
Reaction score
Sinclair said:
A nearly impossible task but the Cohen brothers out did themselves with the Fargo series.

Don't miss Vikings on the History channel also on Hulu.
my understanding from watching the 1st season DVD extras is that they are executive producers and actually have little input ... they initially OK'd the TV series after seeing the idea, but stayed out of the creative process.

I'm anxiously waiting for the 2nd season DVD as well ... I thought the TV series would be a dud, but they hit it out of the park.

----------------------
enjoyed the start of Gotham, but they're really bogging down with this latest ... like they're stuck

gergeef

Reaction score
The shotgun blast's in Fargo make me chuckle everytime someone gets blown into something. Love it. Great story with equally as good acting all across the board. They've also done an incredible job with the score and tunes for the show, both seasons!

Game of Throne is like nothing else. haha I've never been so preoccupied with a show like I am was on the first pass of GoT.

The first season of Silicon Valley was pretty great with the second not being nearly as funny imo.

I'm about to dive into Mr. Robot, has anyone checked that out?

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Love SV as well and Veep. So much great TV.

gergeef

Reaction score
I'm also a fan of the French version of The Returned. I love the feel of everything on that show including the French Alps. It's a gorgeous show full of doom.
I missed The Wire when it originally aired and am working my way through it and on season 3 right now.
Making A Murderer on Netflix beckoned me after the first episode but may not be for everyone. Daredevil isn't bad either.

I need to check out Gotham, is it essential to a non-super hero fan? I can forgo my partiality for topics if it's done well.

~
Greg

gsw

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Gotham takes a regular beating by critics, but I enjoy it.
The first half of the current 2nd season was much more enjoyable than the first season for me.
Can't really say more without revealing plot details.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Just finished the Fargo S2. Wow, I'm drained. And the fact that it was all true.

1up2dn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
i'm a series addict...here are all the ones i recommend (i get them on dvd at the library)

fear the walking dead (new)
fargo
veep
vikings
damages
house of cards
homeland
madmen
bates motel
rome (older series)
the sopranos (older series)

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
marko52 said:
the Newsroom & Madam Secretary are both great.......marko
I'm all caught up on MS but still working Newsroom S2. Great shows!

Grooovepig

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Another Gotham lover here. I didn't think I would enjoy it as it isn't "Batman" per se. But the characters are amazing, particularly Penguin. Impeccably casted and shot.

I think they're only doing two seasons. Can anyone confirm or deny?