More Premier goodness (and wife bragging)

flatwins

Reaction score
Last summer my wife and I took a road trip to pick up a rare Sonor bass and along the way we stopped at Fork’s in Nashville. This stunning, original Premier model 54 was in there and I was drooling. We headed back home but the sneaky woman worked out a deal with Steve Maxwell later and shipped the drums to our house. Needless to say I was blown away. This thing is a true time capsule with all the original calf heads, hardware (even the pedal and throne). I have an amazing wife and feel very fortunate.

B53BEA57-BDF3-4261-92FC-DC741FFA1582.jpeg

CC Cirillo

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whoa!

Congratulations. Those drums are so/so, but your wife is a keeper!

But seriously: Amazing bit of kit there. Clearly the two of you were meant to be.

That color warms the heart. (I was pining for the new Ludwig version called “Aged Onyx”, but, sir, you have the real thing.)

I’m glad you appreciate your wife. You are a wise and lucky man. Tell her I say that. Drummers tend to have the best spouses. The best and most tolerant.

What she sees in you none us can quite figure out, but you look damned hot behind that kit.

flatwins

Reaction score
Hey there , it’s Jeff Holmes . Good to see you here .
Nice kit ....
Hey Jeff! Good to see you. I bailed off FB for various reasons and the only thing I miss is the drum chatter. Gotta get my fix somehow!

flatwins

Reaction score
This is fantastic knowing where this kit went, and under what lovely circumstances.

Watch that clip of Steve Maxwell introducing and demonstrating this kit from a couple years ago, and a ton of those viewings (and one of those likes) are mine.

Congratulations!

That’s the one! It’s like a museum piece. I’ve taken it to a few rehearsals so it’s played everything from Benny Goodman to Pink Floyd.

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Jeff! Good to see you. I bailed off FB for various reasons and the only thing I miss is the drum chatter. Gotta get my fix somehow!
Yeah FB , is horrible ...If it weren’t for my drum group I’d leave it too ....

Matched Gripper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Last summer my wife and I took a road trip to pick up a rare Sonor bass and along the way we stopped at Fork’s in Nashville. This stunning, original Premier model 54 was in there and I was drooling. We headed back home but the sneaky woman worked out a deal with Steve Maxwell later and shipped the drums to our house. Needless to say I was blown away. This thing is a true time capsule with all the original calf heads, hardware (even the pedal and throne). I have an amazing wife and feel very fortunate.

View attachment 499354
Sounds like a keeper! Wife too!

little rock

Reaction score
I'm confused. You said the kit was at Fork's but your wife made the deal through Steve Maxwell. How did that work?

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm confused. You said the kit was at Fork's but your wife made the deal through Steve Maxwell. How did that work?
"Steve Maxwell Vintage and Custom Drums operates locations in Chicago, NYC and also our Fork's Drum Closet in Nashville. We are the world's largest dealer of USA made Gretsch drums and Craviotto drums,…"

flatwins

Reaction score
"Steve Maxwell Vintage and Custom Drums operates locations in Chicago, NYC and also our Fork's Drum Closet in Nashville. We are the world's largest dealer of USA made Gretsch drums and Craviotto drums,…"
Correct. Maxwell bought Fork’s two or three years back. Steve wanted to stock more vintage kits at Fork’s so he sent the Premier (and possibly others) there. 30 some years ago my high school girlfriend visited Nashville and stopped in at Fork’s old location. Brought me back some Paiste cymbal cleaner and some of those Aquarian cymbal shocks. I still remember it because that was really thoughtful of her.

little rock

Reaction score
Thanks. Been out of the drum loop for a few years and was totally unaware that Steve had acquired Fork's.