Morning News Anchor Eases Isolation Boredom on the Drums

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
I can't call to mind a bigger waste of time than listening to a couple of blow-dried idiots exchanging happy talk on a morning news programs. To me, it all sounds like it's been dumbed down to Romper Room level by people who either are very stupid or are contemptuous of their audience's capacity to understand information as basic as the traffic and weather.

That's certainly the case here with Grand Rapids' Anchorman Mike Avery talking about taking up the drums again -- decades after receiving a drum set as a youth.

This is just me, but I think the drum instructor comes off pretty badly (but I'm willing to bet the show's producer thought it would be funny for him to play along with an idea that was painfully unfunny).

Watch and enjoy! https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/grand-rapids/fox-17-morning-news-anchor-eases-isolation-boredom-on-the-drums

From Fox 17: https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/grand-rapids/fox-17-morning-news-anchor-eases-isolation-boredom-on-the-drums

FOX 17 Morning News anchor eases isolation boredom on the drums

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — When I was young, I remember getting a drum set for Christmas. I could not have been happier with Santa on that day.

Unfortunately, a few hours into my drumming experience, I put a hole in the snare drum from hitting it so hard.

Despite not being able to really play the kit after that, my love for the drums and the willingness to learn how to play never went away.

Fast forward several decades, and I recently started taking drum lessons at Firehouse Guitars on 28th Street in Grandville.

Then Governor Whitmer put the Stay Home, Stay Safe executive order in place, and once again the drums were put on hold.

As a result, my instructor Evan decided to start giving lessons online. He sent me some videos to keep me going while we all practice social distancing.

I still have a long way to go.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
We have a local tv guy that will air drum going to breaks but you can tell with his technique he probably plays or has played.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Good for him! That's what I call making productive use of your time. Nice to see the local news is promoting drumming, in general. Feel like it's becoming a lost art, sometimes.

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I can't call to mind a bigger waste of time than listening to a couple of blow-dried idiots exchanging happy talk on a morning news programs. To me, it all sounds like it's been dumbed down to Romper Room level by people who either are very stupid or are contemptuous of their audience's capacity to understand information as basic as the traffic and weather.

That's certainly the case here with Grand Rapids' Anchorman Mike Avery talking about taking up the drums again -- decades after receiving a drum set as a youth.

This is just me, but I think the drum instructor comes off pretty badly (but I'm willing to bet the show's producer thought it would be funny for him to play along with an idea that was painfully unfunny).

Watch and enjoy! https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/grand-rapids/fox-17-morning-news-anchor-eases-isolation-boredom-on-the-drums

From Fox 17: https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/grand-rapids/fox-17-morning-news-anchor-eases-isolation-boredom-on-the-drums

FOX 17 Morning News anchor eases isolation boredom on the drums

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — When I was young, I remember getting a drum set for Christmas. I could not have been happier with Santa on that day.

Unfortunately, a few hours into my drumming experience, I put a hole in the snare drum from hitting it so hard.

Despite not being able to really play the kit after that, my love for the drums and the willingness to learn how to play never went away.

Fast forward several decades, and I recently started taking drum lessons at Firehouse Guitars on 28th Street in Grandville.

Then Governor Whitmer put the Stay Home, Stay Safe executive order in place, and once again the drums were put on hold.

As a result, my instructor Evan decided to start giving lessons online. He sent me some videos to keep me going while we all practice social distancing.

I still have a long way to go.

Let's see one of your videos...

Latest posts