Morning Rehearsal....

MrDrums2112

"Normal" Drummer
Reaction score
Well, there have been no gigs since March - none at all. Even the weekly church gig is shut down until further notice. However, my guitarist and I have been getting together weekly to just play and learn some new music - mostly jazz. To be honest, I have been enjoying it just as much (well, ALMOST) as playing gigs. We have a “coffee jam” planned this morning with a bass player, as we all have a vacation day today. We remain socially distanced, masks are required, and we won’t be singing. And for a few hours, the music will make all problems and worries go away. I hope this post finds you all happy and healthy, and finding time to play some music.

dtk

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
timing is funny...in one band I'm in we did outside practices this summer and fall...one of the guys wants us to buy jamulus software and I'd play my sample pad pro...(I might be able to trigger abelton with it) but the truth is...we have no gigs scheduled and by March we could be back outside again...and one of the guys...when we're learning new songs is just way to quick to tell me what I should play when I'm still experimenting with parts...I've been looking for other opportunities...not sure a bird in the hand is worth the droppings that come with it.

None of my other bands are doing anything.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Our singer and I have been playing together since 2000, I think. We haven't had a rehearsal since 2004. Now he just texts me what songs he's learned or sometimes just surprises us with a new one at the gig and we learn as we go. Usually save those for those gigs where we're more background music and no one's really paying attention anyway. We call those our paid rehearsal gigs. I was in a country band for a while a couple years ago and that had weekly rehearsals, but we had never played together.

For me, it's a means to an end. I'd rather just play for people. We don't play super complicated stuff so it's easy to fake, especially since many of the songs we do I've heard a million times before.