Most Overrated Bands in Classic Rock

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
I dunno , he just seems like a huge jerk at heart . Crap who am I to judge , but I do .
I dunno, I have met him twice, seemed nice to me. Once we were backstage at Great woods Ma
20,000 outdoor amphitheater. Back stage was the back yard, there were 40 people a full BBQ and Aerosmith.
I thought it was going to be a 5 minute meet and greet. Wrong, they were out there talking with us for over an hour, in fact they went on 15 minutes late. thought that was pretty cool.

Also Steven Tyler has started a charity for abused women that has raised over 2.5 million and has a facility in Atlanta with full medical on board, I think that is pretty stand up.

Plus he splits the tour revenue evenly with the band, while they are all important, he is the ticket seller.
Aerosmith billed as Aerosmith with no Steven Tyler....aint nobody going...including me.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Everything terrible about Steven Tyler is front and center in this video depicting his failed attempt at going country.
His solo lp/cd charted number one on the country charts and spawned two charted singles
I would love to have that kind of failure.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
I dunno , he just seems like a huge jerk at heart . Crap who am I to judge , but I do .
I will say he seemed like a very nice guy when he was a judge on American Idol. Very kind, sensitive and supportive to the people being judged.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
I saw Mac in either the late 90's or early 00's at Irvine Meadows/Verizon Amph. I normally don't buy lawn seats but for some reason, I recall I had lawn seats. We were in the front row but it sounded like the volume was on 5. The band was great with Lindsey especially and a GH setlist, but I just wish they would have turned it up.

hector48

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I do think that U2 became a little overrated, since becoming overly popular.
But the first 3-4 albums are very original.
I really like their material, before the fame.
And even some of the more recent stuff is good.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
For Kiss, Metallica, RHCP and Motley deserve to be on that list. All others, no. My 2 cents...
Obviously my stupid opinion means nothing since the net worth of those four bands probably equals the GNP of Belize.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score

Latest posts