Motu 896HD Digital Audio Interface

owr

Reaction score
Given all the discussions lately about home recording thought it would be worth posting this up here. These were around $800 when they were new, I bought it from a buddy when he upgraded his studio to UA hardware for $400 a few years back. Unfortunately I never got much of a chance to use it and it has sat in my home office since. Everything works, these seem to go for around $200 - $250 these days on Reverb and the like, so how about $150 + shipping for the forum. I'm located in California.

Here's a link with the specs, happy to get some photos together if there is interest.

Thanks!

dcrigger

DFO Master
Reaction score
I use two of these in my studio. I had them modified by Black Lion Audio - but even stock, they were really quite good.

The caveat that OWR didn't mention - and I would hate for anyone to skip over it. Mine are both Firewire only (no USB so I would assume that would be the case with owr's as well.

Reactions: owr

owr

Reaction score
Yes, you are correct, they are fire-wire, didn't think about that being a limitation, thanks for mentioning!

I use two of these in my studio. I had them modified by Black Lion Audio - but even stock, they were really quite good.

The caveat that OWR didn't mention - and I would hate for anyone to skip over it. Mine are both Firewire only (no USB so I would assume that would be the case with owr's as well.

owr

Reaction score
Folks if you have any interest in this its worth reaching out, I can be taken advantage of here. Otherwise its going up on Reverb this weekend

owr

Reaction score
Hey Nick, sorry just seeing this message. I have been a horrible tire kicker on this, not the best way to sell something... It's occurred to me recently that I can probably use this to add some more inputs to my current Focusrite clarett using the ADAT optical connections. If it works, it'll be best of both worlds, 8 more decent pre-amp connections without needing to work with the old firewire connection. I just need to get some time to try this out and have been swamped with family and work this week.

So if you're interested, please be patient with me if possible and lets stay in the loop. There is one other forum member interested in doing the same thing I'm looking at who reached out about a week ago, so I'd have to give him first dibs. But he's trying to do the same thing I am, so if it doesn't work for me, I suspect he wont be interested. Then again I am horribly impatient with this type of thing so just cause I dont get it to work doesnt mean its not possible...

Did this sell?